Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I saw that stupid thing floating around FB this morning. Whoever made it obviously doesn't understand finance or urban planning. The city of Detroit isn't spending a dime on the new arena.

Comment

• Correct. All the funding is privately financed.

If they left something like that in the Detroit City Council's hands, .. it would never get done.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          Correct. All the funding is privately financed.

If they left something like that in the Detroit City Council's hands, .. it would never get done.
          I don't know how things are done south of the border, but the article I had posted above seems to indicate different to what you are saying.

Critics say that bankrupt Detroit has far greater needs than a new hockey arena, but advocates say it will draw needed visitors and investment to the city.

The state legislature approved the taxpayer funding for the arena in December. The controversial vote split Detroit's own legislative delegation. Whitmer argues that the matter should be reconsidered given the city's worsening finances.

Comment

• I saw that stupid thing floating around FB this morning. Whoever made it obviously doesn't understand finance or urban planning. The city of Detroit isn't spending a dime on the new arena.
            Yea and I like how people believe almost every image posted (along with the message) there (political or not) with out even checking facts, oh well that's FB.

Comment

• I used to shoot, Torspo, Vic [Victoriaville], Finland ( made in Canada) & Northland (US) too.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• CCM and Bauer too.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Give 312 year old Detroit back to France and build the new Joe in Novi.

"Nouveau Joe" has a little something for everyone .
                  Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 28, 2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Here is the big mouth tough guy on NBC - classic Milbury getting knocked the Fuck out (one punch) lol by McSorley... yes the same McSorley... who Bob Probert use as a punching bag.

Bob Cole (feeling sorry for Milbury) with the call... lmfao

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp3Q_grAqq8"]Marty McSorley TKO of Mike Milbury 02-22-86 - YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by WingsFan; July 28, 2013, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Pierre McGuire is even worse, why this guy is even employed to do NHL games is beyond me. NBC didn't want people to see this clip.

Milbury : "Go to commercial if you want"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gvq8-IWHR4"]Mike Milbury calls Pierre McGuire a "Soccer Mom" - YouTube[/ame]
                      Last edited by WingsFan; July 28, 2013, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_M5JJXkAGo"]Don Cherry Octopus vs. Mike Milbury Octopus - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• (one punch) lol by McSorley... yes the same McSorley... who Bob Probert use as a punching bag.
                          That looked like many, as in a vast multitude, of punches
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Mike Mulberry getting punched out 25 years ago or even today is always a good thing. Pierre McGuire is a bit melodramatic at times but is an incredible hockey knowledge, I like him, a Yank who lived in Quebec and speaks French.

Skated in these CCM Super Tacks, (Comfort Fit) in High School as did many NHL'ers.

Jumped to the Daoust 501's Nationals with Gretzky, then went back to CCM as did Wayner when traded to LA.

Now skating in BAUER Supreme TotalOne NXG Hockey Skate- Sr., with many NHLers at $850 a pair now, NUTS.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 28, 2013, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• like him, a Yank who lived in Quebec and speaks French.
                              That's no stretch, he is a pussy, case closed. No comments on the other one (?) Milbury needed gloves for the Octopus?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X