Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have cable now, .. but am considering a switch to Direct TV

Too few HDTV channels on Charter.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Just heard on local radio, NHL.com has 13 so called experts and 11 are picking Nashville -ESPN has 12 so called experts and 10 are picking Nashville -

That's 23/25 NHL media people not giving any love to the Wings

Comment

• The main reason I stick with cable is to bundle the TV with internet. If I were to buy my current high-speed internet ala carte it would be about $80/month plus whatever DirecTV costs for a decent HD package.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          Just heard on local radio, NHL.com has 13 so called experts and 11 are picking Nashville -ESPN has 12 so called experts and 10 are picking Nashville -

That's 23/25 NHL media people not giving any love to the Wings
          I can't blame them one bit as, I too, am picking Nashville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            The main reason I stick with cable is to bundle the TV with internet. If I were to buy my current high-speed internet ala carte it would be about $80/month plus whatever DirecTV costs for a decent HD package.
            I'm a sucker and pay out the ears...I have DirecTV because I got so sick of Comcast's shitty quality the first few years I lived here. I have never looked back as far as that goes. They charged us to come out and fix their own problems. I had multiple channels that never had sound. It was terrible.

Unfortunately, my wife teaches multiple classes online and Comcast's internet is the best, IMO.

So, I could save money with the bundle, but I just can't go back to Comcast for HD. Awful customer service, awful nickel and diming, awful technical support. In 4 or so years now with DircecTV, I've only lost my service three times. Usually for very high winds, and not snow, as I would have expected.

Comment

I can't blame them one bit as, I too, am picking Nashville.
              Honestly Mike, the Wings managed 6 wins over their last 22 games, a rough patch to be sure. Having said that they manged 48 wins on the season just 3 less than Season Champion Vancouver at 51. Detroit hasn't lost in the first round since 2006 and is entering its 21st consecutive playoff appearance. Wings key players are healthy again, the Predators have won only one playoff series in their history, and all of their late-season additions upset the chemistry while adding to the pressure. They aren't used to high expectations and playoff pressure.

I remember the 1983 Stanley Cup Finals - Islanders v. Oilers. Edmonton was young, the best talent in the League, scored 424 regular season goals, Isles that year manged just 302. Expectations were high, Edmonton was the Cup favorite, Isles were too old, beatup and tired, how could they possibly win a 4th Cup in a row, after all this was the Islanders' fifth-straight final and Edmonton had home ice?

The New York Islanders swept the mighty Oilers in Final 4-0, I remember Gretzky walked past the Isles dressing room after the loss, doors were open, it was quiet, Wayner thought they had left.... instead he saw a bunch of Veterans, banged and bruised, icepacks everywhere, too tired to celebrate because they left it all on the ice, at that moment he understood what it takes to win in the playoffs and vowed never to take an opponent lightly again.
              You know the rest......
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 10, 2012, 09:54 AM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

The main reason I stick with cable is to bundle the TV with internet. If I were to buy my current high-speed internet ala carte it would be about $80/month plus whatever DirecTV costs for a decent HD package.

I have direct and am pleased with their offerings. However, I believe their remote interface is quite slow when changing channels etc. My contract is up soon and I keep inquiring as to whether or not they are coming out with a new receiver/DVR that will be more responsive and speedy. I'm told that the reason for all the "delayed response" is that, unlike Dish, Direct TV has the receiver/DVR as on unit while Dish has a separate DVR and receiver. In any event while I am satisfied with the content I don't like the delivery. Go Wings.

Comment

• The menus are hideously slow nowadays. I don't understand why either.

Comment

• First Round Matchups, get your picks in ASAP, select the winner of match as well as the number of games the series goes.

Eastern Conference
                    1) NYR vs. 8 ) OTT
                    2) BOS vs. 7) WSH
                    3) FLA vs. 6) NJ
                    4) PIT vs. 5) PHI

Western Conference
                    1) VAN vs. 8 ) LA
                    2) STL vs. 7) SJ
                    3) PHX vs. 6) CHI
                    4) NSH vs. 5) DET
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 10, 2012, 03:34 PM.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'll go first, The Prime:

East
                      Ottawa -7
                      Boston -6
                      New Jersey -5
                      Pittsburgh -7

West
                      Vancouver -6
                      St Louis -5
                      Chicago -6
                      Detroit -7
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 10, 2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Have Dish Network now and can't complain about the $40/month reduction vs. DirecTv.

They're even giving away those Hoppers now for new subscribers, that allow you to record 6 things at once.

And no, I don't work for them...
                        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Here goes nothin'!

Eastern Conference:
                          1) Rangers in 5
                          2) Boston in 6
                          3) New Jersey in 4
                          4) Pittsburgh in 7

Western Conference:
                          1) Vancouver in 6
                          2) St. Louis in 5
                          3) Chicago in 7
                          4) Nashville in 6

Comment

• Eastern Conference
                            1) Rangers in 6
                            2) Boston in 6
                            3) NJ in 6
                            4) Pitt in 7 (holding nose from the stench)

Western Conference
                            1) Van in 5
                            2) STL in 6
                            3) Chi in 6
                            4) Nashville in 7
                            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I picked Vancouver too but LA's goalie Jonathan Quick may steal the series and is the only reason the Kings made the postseason. He should win the Vezina but won't....btw it appears Danny Sedin may not be in the Canucks' lineup for the start of the series, their leading scorer and they have had trouble scoring goals down the stretch...just saying.
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 11, 2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Ranjuhs in 7
                                Florida in 6
                                Boston in 6
                                Pittsburgh in 6

Vancouver in 5
                                San Jose in 7
                                Chicago in 6
                                Nashville in 5

Comment

Working...
                                X