No announcement yet.

Non-Football Related Stuff That Makes you Laugh Your Ass off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From looking at his FB page I don't think the actual cost of the laptop is going to hurt him (especially since he's not buying the next one). Whether he shot the laptop, hit it with a hammer, or just gave it away to charity, his point was to make his daughter appreciate a lot of what she has taken for granted and for her to comply with his expectations of how she conducts herself.

I applaud this far more than any parents that don't set expectations and then wonder why their kid is messed up or doesn't hold a job.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

I personally would think that giving it away to charity might teach a better lesson about appreciating the things she has (as compared to those that don't). When it's time to clean out toys in my sons room we always donate them....now he kind of gets into the activity (as in donating to children who don't have the money for toys).

But what do I know......throwing a tantrum and shooting that shit on video gets way more youtube hits.

Comment

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Lol! I wonder if that was intentional. And if not how long it took them to notice?
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

oh and for bimmer....

Comment

#birdsarentreal

Comment

#birdsarentreal

Comment

I was actually on the flip side of this parent decision.

When I was in High School grades were important to my Dad. He is the guy who always wanted his kids to do what he didn't. He was an awful student.

So mid term grades came out, and sent home with the students, and guess who had an F going in math? Yea.....me.

So I am down in the den, which basically just had carpet layed over a concrete floor. I was the typical male teenager, and had a video game system (A Sega...that I paid for I might add), and I spent way too much time on it. Obviously more time on the game system than I studied for math anyway.

Well I heard the door upstairs open as he got home from work......pause at the table to read the report cards.....and then hear him drop his heavy ass lunchbox he always brought to work. Without even taking off his work boots he started down the stairs, in a slow but purposeful march...saw me sitting there with a controller in my hand. He reached over and picked up the system and then in one quick strike he slammed it on the floor, shattering it to bits.

He went back upstairs and my brother says, "I think Dad is pissed."

Without the distraction of the game system (oh and the fear of getting my ass kicked if I didnt bring the grade up) my grade saw dramatic improvement. Shocking huh?

So.....while the Dad who shot the computer might have gone overboard, it might be just what the daughter needs to straighten her act out.
                  Last edited by Islair; February 13, 2012, 11:37 PM.
                  AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                  2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                  3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                  4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                  5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                  6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                  7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

Good story Islair. Sometimes it takes going "overboard" to finally get the point across.

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                    Lol! I wonder if that was intentional. And if not how long it took them to notice?
                    Took me a bit to figure out what the hell you were talking about. LOL
                    Last edited by DanO; February 14, 2012, 01:14 PM.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

I'm in the "this isn't even a real holiday" but I always comply because brownie points are a good thing...........plus one negative brownie point is 10 times the amount of one positive one. :-)
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

LMAO
                            AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

It's OK DanO, we men have our own holiday to make up for valentine's day

Comment

Attached Files
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X