No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just about to finish work and tomorrow I'm off to Wales for the day to watch the Speedway Grand Prix. It's a day each year I look forward to. I meet up woth a load of old friends and we all go in a minibus, have a few drinks and a good chat and laugh.

Not sure how familiar you are with motorbike speedway over in the states, you have had a few world champions. Bruce Penhall (Who went on to be in ChiPs) and Greg Hancock (who is riding tomorrow). Bikes are 500cc, no brakes, 0-60mph in about 3 seconds.

Last years final is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgkjhhKQ10w
    AAL Quintez Cephus
    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• More on Stewart and Haas CNC UPDATE done deal?: Tony Stewart is shopping for car sponsorships in anticipation of a potential partnership with Haas CNC Racing, multiple sources told ESPN.com. Although Stewart has a year left on his contract at Joe Gibbs Racing and JGR officials insist he hasn't asked for a release, the two-time Sprint Cup champion appears prepared to share ownership of Haas Racing's two-car team in 2009. One source close to the situation said there have been discussions with Ryan Newman as the second driver. Newman has said he will not return to Penske Racing if the performance of that team doesn't improve quickly. Newman's name definitely would help draw sponsorship to Haas. "He's talking to every major sponsor that is available out there for this Haas deal," one source said of Stewart and his representatives. "I don't know if it's done, but it sounds like it's very close." Office Depot and Old Spice have emerged as the favorites for at least one of the cars. Office Depot lost its bid to remain with Carl Edwards of Roush Fenway Racing when Aflac was chosen as the primary sponsor of the #99. Sources said there have been discussions with Stewart's representatives that would make Office Depot and Old Spice co-primaries with Office Depot as the lead sponsor. Old Spice already has a relationship with Stewart in the Cup and Nationwide Series. Stewart would not address his future following Sunday's race at Infineon Raceway. JGR president J.D. Gibbs insisted Stewart had not closed the door on signing a long-term deal with the company that brought him to Cup racing in 1999 and helped him win titles in 2002 and 2005. But there is widespread speculation that the reason JGR has rushed Joey Logano into the Nationwide Series is to prepare him to take Stewart's place should Stewart leave. Stewart admitted two months ago there had been inquiries from other teams. He acknowledged there had been talks with Haas CNC that included ownership.(ESPN.com)

AND: am hearing that Stewart leaving JGR and buying into Haas CNC Racing is a done deal, supposedly the 2nd driver could be Martin Treux Jr. Hearing the sponsors could be UPS and Bass Pro Shops.(6-26-2008)

UPDATE: supposedly the deal is done, earlier Friday, a source close to the situation said that Chevrolet has agreed to terms with Joe Gibbs Racing to buy Tony Stewart out of his contract with the #20-Toyota Sprint Cup racing team. Stewart will indeed be making the move to Haas CNC Racing, a rumor that has been circulating for months. Supposedly Stewart’s new sponsor will be Office Depot and terms have been finalized regarding the impending sponsorship. In addition, Stewart will be joined by current #12 Penske Racing driver Ryan Newman, who would be sponsored by Burger King. No word yet on what car numbers the drivers will run and an announcement could come as early as next week at the Daytona International Speedway.( Captain Thunder)(6-27-2008) Comment here
      The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Decided to upgrade my cell phone over the weekend. After looking at several phones I decided to go with the Nokia 6085, since the phone I really want isn't offered by AT&T yet.

Every AT&T store and authorized AT&T dealer only had this phone as a "GO" pre-paid phone. So we decide to order the phone off the website.

But as we're doing our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart on Sunday I cruise through the electronics section and see they are offering the New Motorola Razr2 V9 for $48.84 w/ a 2 yr. contract.

I Love the phone but realize that It's way to nice of a phone for me, so I give it to Mama and take her old Razr.

BTW, it anyone needs a older Cingular/AT&T phone that isn't bluetooth enabled, let me know....I'll send them to you.

Comment

• The new hands-free cell law in CA that started today.

Pay attention to the road yahoos.

Unless you're a neuro-surgeon on-call, you are not important enough to have to be on the phone while driving.

The average Joe can call back whomever is looking for you at your next appointed stop. AVERAGE JOES ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Holidays make my day..Canada Day today, 4th this weekend....Happy holidays to all..

BTW Gonz, I like anything that makes your day.

Comment

• I hope they enforce it Gonz.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                Decided to upgrade my cell phone over the weekend. After looking at several phones I decided to go with the Nokia 6085, since the phone I really want isn't offered by AT&T yet.

Every AT&T store and authorized AT&T dealer only had this phone as a "GO" pre-paid phone. So we decide to order the phone off the website.

But as we're doing our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart on Sunday I cruise through the electronics section and see they are offering the New Motorola Razr2 V9 for $48.84 w/ a 2 yr. contract.

I Love the phone but realize that It's way to nice of a phone for me, so I give it to Mama and take her old Razr.

BTW, it anyone needs a older Cingular/AT&T phone that isn't bluetooth enabled, let me know....I'll send them to you.
                *raises hand* we are using 1 that that keeps turning off on it own. Doesn't bother her when calling out but makes it rather difficult to get hold of her! Does the ones you have have take the little card?
                I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

• Oh Yeah !!

Comment

• Love that car. But are you moving so fast that you're standing still? lol
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• thatnks, Deb,

the car was moving

Comment

• I thought of making this my avatar, but it would take up too much space. Still, it's a great ad:

xtiansingles.JPG
                        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• <lawyer> I wonder if maybe I wouldn't put "safe" christian community in the ad. That may open the door to significant liability </lawyer>
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Agreed. They should substitute the word "safer" for "safe."
                            "To alcohol! The cause of—and solution to—all of life's problems." —Homer Simpson, 1997

Comment

• A functional desktop computer makes my day.

I've had issues since October 2007 with the dreaded "Windows has recovered from a serious error" code 1003...thought I had bad RAM and went through painstaking efforts to diagnose...replaced a video card when standby stopped working, and it limped along until May 2008 just before a Chicago business trip I boot and get "ntfs.sys missing or corrupt" - was able to dirty install XP to get my raid volumes back and get a backup done but XP got pretty much non functional.

Finally rebuilt a week and a half ago:

Asus P5K deluxe Motherboard
                              Intel Yorkfield Core 2 Quad 2.5 Ghz processor
                              4 GB Corsair Dominator 2 DDR2 1066 Ram
                              EVGA Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB Video card
                              Thermaltake Toughpower 850W Power Supply

Migrated 4 existing SATA HDD's and added two more, sound card, and my Happauge capture card.

Total after immediate and mail in rebates: $850

Don't have the cash but really couldn't pass it up.

Still in the process of restoring data....but hopefully by the end of this weekend I'm fully operational.
                              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Nice setup Coop! You will enjoy that.

Comment

Working...
                                X