No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Na healthy scratch, we don't need Cleary till playoff time :-)

Comment

• Hank was having a great year, now he is out with a herniated disk. That is terrible news! Along with Dats out? Helm hurt again

Brunner - He soft as I have said all along

NEWARK, N.J. — Just how badly things are going for Damien Brunner will be evident tonight, as he'll be out of the New Jersey Devils' lineup against his former team.

"We have some tough decisions on a nightly basis," said Devils coach Pete DeBoer, a former coach of the Plymouth Whalers. "We brought some young guys up, and they played well. I think the lesson for Brunner is he's got to do a little bit more to be in the lineup."

Brunner has four goals among eight points, along with a whopping minus-8 rating

"I'm still adjusting a little bit to the organization," Brunner said.

"I think that probably tells you the point we're at with him, where he's not in," DeBoer said.
      Last edited by WingsFan; December 6, 2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Herniated disc.

Ugh!

Zet is out for the year.

........they can find a way to keep him on the ice but, he will not be the same player.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• .......they can find a way to keep him on the ice but, he will not be the same player.

This, you don't pop back up (no pun intended) after this kind of injury :-(

Comment

• OK, so here's a story for the discussion. Orpik gets mugged after a hard open ice hit. Was Thornton doing his job or was this something uglier?

Pens' Brooks Orpik out of hospital

Updated: December 8, 2013, 8:06 AM ET
            By Joe McDonald | ESPNBoston.com

[ame]http://youtu.be/8VEz9p8-L3s[/ame]

BOSTON -- Penguins forward Brooks Orpik was released from the hospital and was traveling back to Pittsburgh with the team after leaving Saturday night's game on a stretcher.
            Orpik was pulled to the ice and punched twice in the head by the Boston Bruins' Shawn Thornton in a crowd of players and officials during a stoppage in play at 11:06 of the first period of the Bruins' 3-2 win at TD Garden.
            More From ESPN Boston

In attacking Brooks Orpik, Bruins enforcer Shawn Thornton broke the very code he takes pride in abiding, Joe McDonald writes. Story
            ? Bruins' finishing flurry | Rapid Reax
            ? Marchand OK | Eriksson concussed

Thornton, dressed in a suit and speaking very quietly in front of his locker after the game, said he was sorry for what happened.
            "It's hard for me to talk about right now. I can't say I'm sorry enough. I'm sure I'll be criticized, but it's true," he said. "I felt awful. It wasn't my intention. I know Brooksie. I've gotten to know him the last seven years here. I skated with him during the lockout. I texted him a couple of times. It's not what I wanted to see or anyone to see."
            Thornton was handed a match penalty and has been told he faces a disciplinary hearing.
            Penguins coach Dan Bylsma believes Orpik could be concussed.
            "I think he was out on the ice for a period of time, so I think that means he's got a concussion, for sure," he said.
            This rematch of last season's Eastern Conference finals -- which the Bruins swept in four games -- was a physical game from the opening puck drop. On the first shift of the game, Orpik knocked the Bruins' Loui Eriksson from the game with a major check.
            Eriksson had trouble getting to his feet, but made it to the bench before being taken to the locker room. He did not return to the game and the Bruins announced later that he had a concussion, his second in a five-week span.
            Chris Kelly was also hurt, suffering an injury on a slash. Neither Eriksson nor Kelly will travel with the team on its upcoming four-game road trip.
            After Eriksson left, Thornton attempted to fight Orpik, but the Pittsburgh defenseman did not oblige. Thornton was given two minutes for roughing.
            The physical battle continued as the Bruins' Milan Lucic and Pittsburgh's Deryk Engelland dropped the gloves at 7:19 of the first period.
            [+] EnlargeJared Wickerham/Getty ImagesPittsburgh's Brooks Orpik was released from the hospital and cleared to travel with the team after leaving Saturday's game on a stretcher.

With the game tied 1-1, the Bruins' Brad Marchand was on the ice as the Penguins' James Neal skated by and appeared to intentionally knee Marchand in the head. As Marchand lay on the ice, play was stopped as he was tended to by a trainer.
            Thornton then skated toward Orpik, grabbed him and threw him to the ice before he started to punch him.
            Orpik's eyes were open but he was clearly out of it as he was tended to by trainers from both teams and a Bruins team doctor. After nearly 10 minutes, Orpik was taken off the ice on a stretcher.
            "I feel awful. It wasn't my intention," Thornton said. "I know Brooksy and have gotten to know him over the last seven years. I skated with him in the summer, through the lockout and texted him a couple of times. I feel awful. It's definitely not what I want anyone to see.
            "... It's always my job, I guess, to defend my teammates. But I prided myself for a long time to stay within the lines. It's hard for me to talk about right now. I can't say 'I'm sorry' enough."
            When asked if he had an opinion on being kneed in the head by Neal, all Marchand said was: "No."
            After the game it was announced that Neal will have a discipline hearing.
            Incidentally, Bruins coach Claude Julien spoke at length after the team's morning skate in general about teams retaliating after clean hits.
            After the game, Julien said he'd let the league look into it.
            "As much as I would like to give my opinion, I don't think it's a wise thing to do right now," he said. "You've got to let [the league] take care of it. I think [the Orpik hit on Eriksson] is where it all started, obviously, and it kind of escalated to a point where I don't think anybody's proud of what's happened in this first period -- on both sides -- I would hope.
            "It's a real unfortunate situation. The only thing I'm going to say is not let's look one way here. There's a lot of blame to go around and we all have to take responsibility for that."
            Bylsma had no problems with the hit on Eriksson.
            "I think the hit by Orpik is a good hockey hit," he said. "Eriksson touches the puck, the puck's coming around the wall there, it does take a strange bounce, he does touch the puck, and it's a good hit. Clearly they took exception to it. They put people on the ice to take exception to it, and the events that ensued, you saw Thornton."
            Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• If someone had fought Thornton before the game, he never would have dared take that shot.

[sage nod]

Comment

• lol
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ies-youll-see/

PHOTO: Skate to face results in one of most gruesome injuries you'll see

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• He probably came back for the 3rd period too.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

Brunner - He soft as I have said all along
                      He is soft but he's still scored more than Weiss and Cleary combined.

Sadly he's probably going the Hudler route for awhile until he figures things out. Of course Hudler has turned into a point per game player up in Calgary.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Finally, Yzerman will get the proper Detroit sendoff while wearing a Red Wings sweater.

Comment

• I think it's really cool that he'll be wearing the Winged Wheel again. I wish I could be there.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Weiss is out with a groin injury.. We just got better!

I wonder what Flippula is doing right now?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Really bad news as expected.

The Red Wings placed Henrik Zetterberg (herniated disc) on the long-term injured list. He hasn't yet began skating and just started some light rehabilitation.

Not sure what Weiss problem is this year ? He has been around a while and has a good track record of being steady. Long season ahead, but fans don't have patience for this piss poor year he is having (after a big contract). Still pales in comparison knowing Hank could be done - for good.

Comment

• Knowing full well what a herniated disc feels like, don't expect Zet to improve or be effective skating unless he has surgery. If he does have surgery, he will be out for the rest of the season unless Wings want to risk bringing him back a week or two before the playoffs start.

.......and that would be if he has the surgery in the next week or so. The longer they wait, the less likely you will see him at least at a functional level this year.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X