MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Just as a side note, Joe Buck has really been giving free and frequent blowjobs to all Cubs players this entire series.
    They way FOX has covered this series, you wouldn't think that there was a team other than the Cubs
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Comment

I don't care who wins the World Series, but it was nice of Rajai Davis to get a RBI single in the 10th to make the score 8-7, Chicago.

Why the Tigers didn't re-sign him.

Cubs win the World Series!!!!
        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

I'm just glad Oiho didn't win. Makes my night that's for sure
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            I'm just glad Oiho didn't win. Makes my night that's for sure
            Same here.

Seeing Cleveland choke the 3-1 was so priceless.

I might even troll on the Cleveland Forum on Cleveland dot com just to spite them.
            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
            My friend Ken L

Comment

Suck it, oiho
              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

If our staff is healthy, we ought to be a favorite to return.

Last was truly one of the best games I've ever watched, on another note

Comment

It wasn't particularly well-played or, for that matter, well-managed. It was exciting, though.

For my money, it'll be hard to top the Braves-Twins in 1991. That was, IMO, baseball at it's finest. Sorry, Wiz. Sorry, AA. Sorry, Lonnie Smith.

As for the Tribe, they're built to last a little while. They have a great core bullpen that's going nowhere. And they have, arguably, the best staff in the game. Unfortunately for them, they lost their #2 and #3 starters in September and had to trot out Bauer

They need another bat -- probably 2 -- but the pitching is so strong it's hard not see them owning the Central again and getting into the MLB Playoff Lottery.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Yeah, one of the best in terms of drama. I'm sure the best played game ever is some 1-0 snoozefest from 1917 or thereabouts. Red Faber undoubtedly involved.

Comment

• Fuck Kent Hrbek. If I'm ever driving as he is crossing the street, well, I'm just glad I have a fancy Ivy League Jewish law-talking person on retainer.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• DSL:

Yeah, Game 7 in 1991 was 1-0 in 10 innings. Jack Morris pitched them all. No pulling the starters in the 4th. It was as intense as baseball gets, IMO. Just fantastic stuff.

Game 6 in that series was of the epic variety you prefer. One of the Bravos steps off 1st base and gets tagged by Hrbek. Kirby Puckett wins it with a walk-off HR in the 11th (I think...I'm sure AA remembers). 5 1-run games with 4 decided in the final at-bat. Really fantastic fucking series. Still the best series I've seen, by far.

A distant second is the 2001 Series which had 3 unfathomable finishes, but 4 clunkers. That said, Games 4, 5 and 7 of that series were ridiculous.

Comment

• Rangers-Cardinals Game 6 is probably the most crushing loss I've ever watched. And I watched every game of the 1986 playoffs which included 3 soul-crushing games. But to be up 3 games to 2 and up by 2 with 2 outs and 2 strikes in 2 successive close out innings and...LOSE. That would have crippled me. I'm sure the several hundred diehard Rangers fans are still wallowing in despair.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            DSL:

Yeah, Game 7 in 1991 was 1-0 in 10 innings. Jack Morris pitched them all. No pulling the starters in the 4th. It was as intense as baseball gets, IMO. Just fantastic stuff.

Game 6 in that series was of the epic variety you prefer. One of the Bravos steps off 1st base and gets tagged by Hrbek. Kirby Puckett wins it with a walk-off HR in the 11th (I think...I'm sure AA remembers). 5 1-run games with 4 decided in the final at-bat. Really fantastic fucking series. Still the best series I've seen, by far.

A distant second is the 2001 Series which had 3 unfathomable finishes, but 4 clunkers. That said, Games 4, 5 and 7 of that series were ridiculous.

FUCK HRBEK. BUY A VOWEL, MFer!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Clearly off the base.

Comment

• lol, at this forum not reformatting pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X