No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In any event, the anti-Brexiters have posited a litany of terribles. It'll be interesting to see how the scorecard reads in several years. Very interesting.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Great. I'm sure those sorts of problems exist, and of course are going to be overplayed in media. This story is an egregious example of the very problem it is complaining about. 77,000 signatures is .02% of the total, not, as the article claims, ``a vast majority''. The people at the NRO know how to do math. They also know how unlikely it is that most fo their readers are going to check for themselves.

Comment

• It will be. Europe is suddenly one of the more interesting regions on the planet. If post-neoliberalism is really a thing, then it'll be countries like the UK, Spain, France and maybe Italy will be where it is debated and takes an early shape.

Comment

• I think that it will be even more interesting to see if the idea of a "Texit" ever becomes mainstream. If current immigration trends (along with lack of enforcement by the Feds + interference with states like Arizona & Texas to keep them from enacting tougher immigration laws) continue, I could see it being something that at least doesn't get laughed out of the room within a decade or so.

Comment

• I'm all for it. As far as I'm concerned the combination of religion, guns and a lack of alcohol is a better fit in Middle East than in the United States. But I do think #Texodus would be a better term.

Comment

• Lack of alcohol? Where in the hell in Texas have you been?

Comment

• Texodus > Texit

Not riding with Hanni on this one.

Texas is full of drunken asshats eating criminally great brisket and carrying uzis.

Waco is tee-totalin', but Waco sucks by any rational first, second, third or fourth world standard.

Comment

• "Swim Coach from the state Michigan arrested in Omaha for soliciting prostitutes..."

An OMAHA PROSTITUTE? Man he MUST be desperate!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                    "Swim Coach from the state Michigan arrested in Omaha for soliciting prostitutes..."

An OMAHA PROSTITUTE? Man he MUST be desperate!!!
                    ...well, he is a Michigan Man. Generally speaking, its assumed.

Comment

• What's the difference between Omaha women and cattle? One of them are rotund hooven, horned cud-chewers and the others are a bovines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Lack of alcohol? Where in the hell in Texas have you been?
                        We have some friends with a ranch near Stephenville, west of Dallas. Dry county, and corrugated-tin shacks on the other side of the county line for socializing. It's basically Pakistan for white people.

Comment

• If post-neoliberalism is really a thing, then it'll be countries like the UK, Spain, France and maybe Italy will be where it is debated and takes an early shape.
                          what is post-neoliberalism?

Comment

• The British market has recouped all its losses from the vote. It took 4 business days.

I am waiting for the media to notice how much of the "$ 2 Trillion in lost wealth" has been "recovered". It appears the EU is talking seriously about taking in Turkey, and about a common military.

Comment

• "what is post-neoliberalism?"

The core belief of people who think only net taxpayers should be allowed to vote.

Comment

• Bonds. Currency. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...te-bond-market. Britain's credit rating was downgraded. Cost of finance higher for the near/medium term. I think whatever happens short-term, the longterm outlook for the UK depends on how they negotiate the deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X