No announcement yet.

New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok some of the other posts now make more sense.

Comment

• The Strategy Expert
      BANNED

Post Goodbye Everybody!
      It is with great sadness and displeasure that I have to write this message, but today will be my last day as a proud member of the Lionbacker community.

After my personality on here has proved to be abrasive to others and a little too strong, I have been politely asked to leave by one of the Moderators. Please note that they didn't ban me out in a cold and ruthless fashion without any explanation, rather they politely asked me if I would stop posting, of which I will cooperate with to honor their wishes.

I'd like to say to the Lionbacker community that I am sorry. In fact, I'm very sorry to anybody that had interpreted any of my posts as rude or obnoxious or any other word of negative connotation. That was never my intention. I felt that my style would help to challenge the minds of others and provoke creative thought and enthralling debate that would benefit all, but nevertheless I was wrong, as it just made some people upset and frustrated. That is my mistake and not the fault of anybody else on the site, so I accept that reality now along with the repercussions.

If anybody does have an interest in continuing to chat with me regarding Lions football topics, you are more than welcome to hit me up at RealGM where I talk about all 4 Detroit sports, or LionsUnderground, which I just signed up for today as my new dedicated Lions forum (same screen name for both). I don't chat in very many other places as I like to not be spread too thin and am hoping to find some place that I can really dig into and grow with the community for the long-term. I will definitely not repeat my mistakes in the future, and am sorry that I was not aware of my mistakes here until I made too many.

Again, I hope that nobody has any hard feelings, and as much as some people thought that I was conceited, I do not operate or conduct myself that way. Part of the reason why I chose Lionbacker to be my Lions-forum home is because when I first did my research of forums I saw a lot of potential in a lot of posters here, and I think that the constituency of members here possess fantastic minds and have a tremendous amount of football knowledge/opinions. That proved to be true during my time here. If the quality of the ideas and opinions posted on this site wasn't as strong as it was, I wouldn't have joined here in the first place or bothered to stick around. That is a testament to your great insight that I feel enriched from having assimilated your perspectives.

Thank you for the time and the opportunity to hear what I had to say about a few of my ideas. I will miss you guys a great deal and I will lurk (but not post) here in the future to hear what you guys have to say, so keep up the good work. Now let's hope the Lions can get lots of wins for us all in the future!

GO LIONS!!!
      He made it to 281 posts in this forum ^^^^

Originally posted by The_Strategy_Expert View Post
      TSE checking out, it's just not very friendly around here and there seems to be no rules or moderation. Thanks for letting me stop by to check the place out.
      Only 221 here...
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Comment

• He is exhausting.

Comment

• How come those bstds at the Lionbacker get a bigger resignation speech?!
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• not even a fruit cake? oh yeah he was the fruit cake
              If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Due to recent and unfortunate events with both, our innerwebs kicking sensation and our resident dooshnozzle...I want to officially claim dibs on...."the tragedy exspurt" as a new handle.
                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                  Due to recent and unfortunate events with both, our innerwebs kicking sensation and our resident dooshnozzle...I want to officially claim dibs on...."the tragedy exspurt" as a new handle.
                  LOL!

Have patience, grasshopper.

After next week you might just be the new place kicker.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    How come those bstds at the Lionbacker get a bigger resignation speech?!
                    LOL
                    It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Celebrating my 65th post here by calling in sick tomorrow.

Now, at what post number am I supposed to write something profound, readable, intelligent, or otherwise interesting?

Comment

• I am blazing that trail. You good for at least 5500, or so.

Comment

• Nice. That takes the pressure off. I will wait for my trophy autographed by the internet in the meantime.

Comment

• lol!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Hi everyone. New member here.

Honestly,I'm really considering becoming a Detroit lions fan. But I'm not sure what I'd be getting into or the history of the team. I like underdogs and I like Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford. Also,something just kinda clicks for me with the team. I like the logo,the uniforms,color scheme,and I think its a team I can really get into. But I know history hasn't been kind to them.

So,any advice or education would be great on the team
                              Last edited by Hircine; October 2, 2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Welcome, Hircine.

The team have consistently sucked ass since time began....... BUT THIS IS THE YEAR, OH YEAH!
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X