No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not quite true. Holland offered brunner a deal before he became FA and brunner (his agent most likely) decided it would be best to figure out his market value and weigh the options then decide. So he did that, then Holland signed Alfie and Weiss and said they weren't interested in brunner anymore. Brunner never once said or acted in a manner that told detroit to fuck off.
    Yes he did, what don't you understand about No means NO, come on jaadam4 this jilted lover thing has taken WAY to much of my valuable posted time :-)

He thought the grass would be greener on the other side, it wasn't.

Comment

• Oh my goodness.. I never said he's the next coming, I said I hope it doesn't bite us in the ass.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Opening night, I still keep thinking we are in the west. A lot of these so called experts have the Wings going all the way to the finals, one guy has them winning another Cup.

Which team will lift Lord Stanley in June? Our experts weigh in, and the picks are again across the board.

Comment

• It's not a bad thought. I figure the Wings have about 2 years left with their current core (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, etc), and the support talent has demonstrated that they can help that core hang with the best in the league.

Sure, after that, it gets dicey; as I'm not sure the Wings have the replacements waiting in the wings (pun not intended) to replace their aging core... but for now, yeah, the possibility is there.
          Last edited by chemiclord; October 2, 2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• FU Samuelsson!!! I want to continue to not like you! He's on pace for 82 goals this season!

Good win for our Eastern Conference debut.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Is anyone aware of an actual Hockey Forum or Red Wings Forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by James D View Post
                Is anyone aware of an actual Hockey Forum or Red Wings Forum?
                hfboards.com is the biggest hockey forum on the planet.
                2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by James D View Post
                  Is anyone aware of an actual Hockey Forum or Red Wings Forum?
                  are we not good enough for you?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    FU Samuelsson!!! I want to continue to not like you! He's on pace for 82 goals this season!

Good win for our Eastern Conference debut.
                    Agreed. I want to hate him so bad and yet, somehow he won't let me. I guess we always have Cleary to kick around regardless of his play.

It is going to be interesting to see if the Wings will have to account for the Eastern style or the Eastern style will have to account for the Wings. I'm already getting the impression that the East will fall into the "check the Wings heavily and they will fold" philosophy. As frustrating as it is to watch our guys get boarded, it always seemed to play into our scheme pretty well.

Speaking of things to hate. I hope I can get over my man crush for the Bruins. It would be great to see a rivalry develop there.
                    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      It's not a bad thought. I figure the Wings have about 2 years left with their current core (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, etc), and the support talent has demonstrated that they can help that core hang with the best in the league.

Sure, after that, it gets dicey; as I'm not sure the Wings have the replacements waiting in the wings (pun not intended) to replace their aging core... but for now, yeah, the possibility is there.
                      If they dont have the replacements in their minor league system don't they have to consider trading some of these guys that are getting long in the tooth? I'm sure Mr Illitch wants to win now at his age, but I'm not sure if plugging in a couple of free agents every year is going to get it done with this core anymore.

Comment

• You're not likely to get young prospects that are close to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. If they can fetch something like that, then they should look at it.

Comment

• The rest of the league has caught up to scouting the European players so finding unknown diamonds in the rough will be tougher.

Make no mistake however, Wings FO knows how to find and retain talent.

You may not be aware of their replacements right now but, when it comes time, you might be surprised.

.......disclaimer..........players that can be rated best at their position, or best at their position of all time do not come around every day. Wings have had an abundance of both of these type of players for a long time.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            You're not likely to get young prospects that are close to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. If they can fetch something like that, then they should look at it.
                            Yeah. There's only two reasons you even consider trading off players of that caliber:

1) You are a team OBVIOUSLY going nowhere, and rather than waste those final years of those great players, you look to get something of value (in either picks or prospects) and start the rebuild.

2) You somehow land a deal that gives you equal talent and the potential for more down the road.

The second option (not surprisingly) rarely happens; and after last season, it doesn't seem the first fits either (which *gasp* I was wrong about).

Comment

• The Wings are pretty good about finding players as well. This team is young.

Comment

• Agreed. Our defense has come together really well with those youngins. At the beginning of last year they looked terrible but if they continue to grow it could be a strength of the team.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X