Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very encouraging news on the O-line. Sometimes you wonder if it is because the defense isn't good, but in our case, I think that our D-line is a known commodity and it's very good, if not elite.

Comment

• Either way we're probably not going to be hearing much from him. We don't need him too much at either spot.

Comment

• If he's a quick study I could see it. Those CB positions aren't locked down. He's tall.

Comment

• What we really need is for him to pack on 100 pounds so that he can move to OT.

Comment

• They need to rename that thread "Political Asylum" or something and start a new miscellaneous thread.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• This may be a good idea. Not sure about clear boundaries for posts and spill-over though. Not that easy to define what is political and what is not.

I'm going to repost this in Forum Admin and solicit comments.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Michigan and Florida September 2nd in Dallas. Kickoff @ 3:30 ABC.

Comment

• Should be a great game. Football preview magazines are already at bookstores.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    Should be a great game.
                    Not from a neutral fan's perspective, most likely. Two mediocre (at best) offenses helmed by mediocre (at best) QBs and two pretty good defenses. Will probably be a classic first weekend slog like those initial Thursday night games that end 13-8.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; May 25, 2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• I'll take the over on M's offense and the under on the defense.

Tons of very young talent on the offensive side of the ball with an experienced QB. Offensive line will need to improve a lot in-season and as importantly, stay healthy as there is no depth yet.

I see 9-3; PSU & OSU are really good and return most everyone. Wisconsin & PSU are on the road, Florida is a neutral site. 10-2 is certainly possible if the offense is better than I expect or the defense really steps up against the opponents I listed above...

It's great to have a coach who really develops talent to their potential, it's been a long, long time where I was confident our coach would make the best of the talent he had. It was always odd to see the Buckeyes have so many [good] sophomore starters and juniors be all B1G.

Comment

• We'll see how long the Greg Frey hire takes to pay off. Our offensive line development has been very poor for the most part. There was none visible under two years of Drevno and the offensive line was a major culprit in all six of Harbaugh's losses so far.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; May 26, 2017, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• Florida's defense should be good in 2017. Not as dominate as the last two seasons, but that's what happens when you lose so many players to the NFL.
                          17 months ago, Michigan put up 41 on a Florida defense that had DE Jonathan Bullard (3rd RD pick), DT Caleb Brantley (6th RD pick), Joey Ivie (7th RD pick), Jarrad Davis (1st RD pick), Alex Anzaolone (3rd RD pick), Vernon Hargreaves (1st RD pick), Quincy Wilson (2nd RD pick), Teez Tabor (2nd RD pick), Kenu Neal (1st RD pick), and Marcus Maye (2nd RD pick).

They will have an inexperienced defense just like M and that will test McElwain's ability to reload. Florida has been recruiting well on defense. Will McElwain be able to develop non-Muschamp guys going forward? Who knows.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• As expected, the SEC relaxed it's grad transfer rules allowing Zaire to enroll at UF. He'll be the most likely starter v. M in the opener or at the very least you'll see him play.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Poor scheduling. Washington proved last year that the best way to schedule is to play Cupcake and East Cupcake for your first two games.

Comment

Working...
                              X