X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants bringing Devin Taylor in for a visit

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 22, 2017, 10:23 AM EDT

Getty Images
    The Giants have written big checks lately for pass-rushing defensive ends, but they still need some depth.

A league source confirms to PFT the Giants are bringing former Lions defensive end Devin Taylor for a visit.

Taylor had 7.0 sacks as a reserve two years ago, but only 4.5 last year as a starter in Detroit.

After signing Olivier Vernon a year ago and extending Jason Pierre-Paul this offseason, the Giants are covered with starters but could use more depth.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Awwwww, poor fella.

Ndamukong Suh: “Definitely sick and tired” of early playoff exits

Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has turned 30, and he’s made all the money already.

Now, he admits he wants more.

Via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, Suh said yesterday that never advancing as far as the divisional round of the playoffs is beginning to wear on him.

“I’m definitely sick and tired of making it to the playoffs and not going further,” Suh said. “I think everybody feels that way. . . . It feels like guys weren’t satisfied with where we were at. It’s exciting, from my vantage point, to see hunger still. That was not OK the way we finished, especially the last two games of our season.”

The Dolphins were blasted by the Patriots and the Steelers in their final two games, allowing 65 points in the losses. But specifically troubling to Suh was the 4.7 yards per carry over those last two games, and the fact they ranked 30th in the league last year in run defense.

“I put a lot of it on myself,” Suh said of the run defense. “I’m supposed to be the anchor. I plan to be the anchor and continue to be that way. So I think it starts with us front, without question. With the way the defense is set up.”

Suh is paid that way, and ought to be the focal point of their defense. And he’s apparently not satisfied with last year’s results, and early exits.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• He bolted for the $$$ sooner or later the Fins are gonna be in cap hell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Coop,

That's disingenuous. This was their 3rd FA period since landing him and they just went crazy again in this FA period and say they will re-up Tannehill and I believe one of their young WRs needing to get paid.

In the meantime, many other teams that did not commit to SUH are up against the cap with not much hope of competing.

In short, many teams will suffer salary cap issues, even without SUH on their roster.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Guess now he is wanting more than just the $$$. Too bad for him.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Jim Harbaugh takes blame for rough 2011 handshake with former Lions coach Jim Schwartz

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports...h-jim-schwartz
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Bears claim fullback Michael Burton off waivers from Lions

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on June 1, 2017, 12:51 AM EDT

Getty Images
                The Chicago Bears claimed fullback Michael Burton off waivers from the Detroit Lions on Wednesday.

Burton, a former fifth-round pick by Detroit in 2015, was waived by the Lions to clear a roster spot for the addition of Matt Asiata.

The Bears waived tight end Franko House to clear a spot for Burton on their 90-man roster.

Burton appeared in 31 games over the past two seasons in Detroit. He caught six passes for 39 yards and a touchdown and ran four times for two yards in 2015, but did not record any statistics in 15 games played last year.

Burton joins undrafted rookie Freddie Stevenson as the only fullbacks on Chicago’s roster.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• but did not record any statistics in 15 games played last year.
                  Wow!
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    Coop,

That's disingenuous. This was their 3rd FA period since landing him and they just went crazy again in this FA period and say they will re-up Tannehill and I believe one of their young WRs needing to get paid.

In the meantime, many other teams that did not commit to SUH are up against the cap with not much hope of competing.

In short, many teams will suffer salary cap issues, even without SUH on their roster.
                    Uhhhh, I believe this is the second FA period after the one he signed in.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Uhhhh, I believe this is the second FA period after the one he signed in.
                      Making it the 3rd FA season since they signed him. He wasn't their only FA signing 3 years ago.

Comment

Making it the 3rd FA season since they signed him. He wasn't their only FA signing 3 years ago.
                        His salary did not start to affect the cap until last year. This is the second FA period they have to plan for his salary against the cap.

Comment

• Allegedly:

Saints DT Nick Fairley has been absent from OTA's bc of medical issues. Tests show heart trouble that could jeopardize future of his career.

Comment

Allegedly:

Saints DT Nick Fairley has been absent from OTA's bc of medical issues. Tests show heart trouble that could jeopardize future of his career.
                            You sure it wasn't a bad tooth?

Comment

• Eagles sign defensive tackle Gabe Wright

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 5, 2017, 8:53 AM EDT

Getty Images
                              The Eagles are going to take a flier on a defensive lineman whose career hasn’t taken off.

The team announced they added defensive tackle Gabe Wright on a one-year deal.

The former Lions fourth-rounder was released by the Browns two weeks ago. He played five games for Cleveland last year.

The Lions actually traded up to take him in 2015, but he played just 134 snaps and was gone shortly thereafter.

Comment

• The Lions actually traded up to take him in 2015, but he played just 134 snaps and was gone shortly thereafter.
                                Ah, good times, good times.

Comment

Working...
                                X