Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mgoblog

The Big Ten has a new TV contract. FOX Network is now in the position ABC/ESPN had only now FOX gets first dibs and can place Big Ten games on the FOX Network or Fox Sports One or Two. The twist is ESPN retains some rights and will broadcast at least one Big Ten game on its ESPN< ESPN2 or ESPNU channels. And of course the BTN will get its share of games per week
    FOX now becomes the "loaded" network with Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac12 games. ABC will have just the ACC and independants. CBS will continue with the prime SEC games. ESPN will be SEC and the leftovers from Big 10, Big 12 Pac12

Comment

• Not new news., but what this means: Fox will usually have the first choice of a Big Ten game every week. This game will most likely be broadcast on the main network (Fox) each week.

Im really looking forward to Michigan games called by M fan Gus Johnson /Klatt big improvement over anything ABC/ESPN can give us. I wouldn't be surprised to see the PSU and MSU games on Fox this fall as well.

Comment

• I'm not sure M game broadcasts on FOX is going to be significantly better than anything ABC/ESPN served up.

The reason for that is not the quality of the play-by-play or analysis, which will be better than ABC/ESPN (not hard to improve on) for sure, but the amount of advertising/commercial breaks isn't going to change.

Somebody has to pay for Delaney's $20m bonus.

Games will be as unwatchable on live TV as they have been for the last decade. As an aside the BTN has not been that great in getting the full games up after they occur for those that either don't want to watch them live on TV or can't watch them because of work, etc. I've been relying on links I'll find to condensed, advertising free repeats of the games at mgoblog.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'll take Fox over Disney's retarded, self-aggrandizing bullshit any day. It's about time. Fox doesn't shoehorn their studio hosts into play-by-play roles ala ESPN and Chris Fowler and you won't miss the start of a play on Fox because Wendy Nix was updating you on the Boston College-Georgia Tech game.

Comment

• FOX college football broadcasts are terrible, overproduced tripe.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• anything but eSECpn
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• As long as it is Gus Johnson I am fine.

Comment

• Maryland and Ohio State decisively advance to Men's LAX Final Four. A little surprised Stan has posted more on this. Great year for the B10. OSU has played and beaten the other 3 in the FF. They get Towson while Maryland plays Denver. Must see TV!
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Huskers claim their first B1G baseball season title. UNL was expected to dominate the B1G in baseball...but hasn't happened. Didn't dominate this year but did win it...although winning the B1G in baseball is comparable to winning the Sun Belt in football heh...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Really surprised there wasn't lots and lots and lots of posts on the first ever all-B10 Lacrosse final. For next season, lax probably deserves it's own You Don't Know Shit thread.

Comment

• Stan....Stan....Stan...

(...Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...)
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Were waiting till M wins the B1G Lacrosse before we consider it a real sport.

Comment

• Penn State admins doing some jail time.

Comment

• Earlier in the recruiting cycle, Penn State landed a verbal from Justin Fields, a top 10 overall player and rated the #1 Dual Threat QB. From the minute he committed the speculation has been when he will decommit. Well, that was yesterday. And almost immediately 3 DIFFERENT SEC schools had crystal balls for him -- and some think FSU has the inside track at the end of the day! I reckon he'll verbal to another couple schools before NLOID.

Anywho, that's the 2nd 5* to decommit from the mighty Franklins. Fields is gone gone. Micah Parsons is almost certainly gone, though he leaves the door cracked for them -- perhaps to tease. Heh.

The important point here is fuck penn state.

Around the conference:

OSU is killing it - if I could pick OSU's current 12 or the 12 best from the other 13 B10 schools, I'd take OSU 10 times out of 10.
                              PSU still has a pretty good class and is my pick to finish #2 in the conference
                              M is running the HARBAUGH!!!! May-July playbook with a solid, if unspectacular, 12
                              UNL has put together a great foundation with an average approaching 90. That will surely drop off as they add more "traditional" UNL recruits, but a great start for Riley

The middle of he conference is chalky. NW and Minnesota have managed to sign 3* kids in significant numbers, which is good for them. Maryland and MSU have smaller numbers, but higher quality. It'll be interesting to see if they can fill out their classes (I'm dubious w/ Sparty). Wisky is Wisky and Iowa is Iowa.

The bottom 4 are in train wreck territory. I'm not sure how Rutgers and Purdue are ever going to field competitive teams. Rutgers, in particular. To refresh, last year against OSU/M/MSU/PSU, Rutgers was 0-4 and lost by a combined score of 214-0. Zero. Average score: 53-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

The bottom 4 are in train wreck territory. I'm not sure how Rutgers and Purdue are ever going to field competitive teams. Rutgers, in particular. To refresh, last year against OSU/M/MSU/PSU, Rutgers was 0-4 and lost by a combined score of 214-0. Zero. Average score: 53-0.
                                Heh. We beat them 78-0 on the big night when they had all their recruits in town. In case there was any doubt about where those star NJ kids were going to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X