Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    If OlieO needs to beat an undefeated Michigan for them to reach the MNC game, they may as well forget it. Michigan will have at least 2 losses before they meet.
    Debbie Downer!

Comment

• We need teams to lose. Unfortunately, I'm hard pressed seeing Bama lose to anyone other than maybe LSU. And the Oregon/Stanford winner will likely be undefeated.

Realistically I think the only other undefeated team we'd be given priority over is Louisville. I think Alabama, Oregon, Stanford, Clemson, or FSU would go ahead of us.

If Baylor or Oklahoma is undefeated, that might be a toss-up. People are as tired of Oklahoma as they are of us. Baylor's ridiculous offense might be enough to get them in over us even though the Big12 is as bad if not worse than the Big10 this year.

Comment

• Well?

Does anyone have confidence that Michigan will be undefeated when the OlieO game rolls around? I don't. In fact, I don't think they escape with a win THIS weekend. Indiana after that is another ripe opportunity to lose at home. I don't have confidence that they can handle MSU, and the NW game could get downright embarrassing.

As I said, if OlieO is counting on a "big win over Michigan" this year, they're screwed. It won't mean anything more than a win over Purdue.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• These things usually sort themselves out anyway. Most of the undefeated teams will lose as they always do, usually in inexplicable fashion...it's one of the major reasons we watch college football.

Comment

• Ohio State is 4th in line behind SEC, P12 and ACC undefeateds. Ohio State will go ahead of Louisville and should hang on over a B12 team.

Alabama is definitely beatable this year, but their schedule is meh. SEC CG or LSU.

Oregon and Stanford are beatable with some reasonably tough games still ahead.

And the FSU/Clemson winner will finish the season on the road against a pretty good SEC team.

Lots and lots of time. And if the worst case scenario is finishing 13-0 on a 25-game winning streaking and playing in the 100th Rose Bowl, eh, I can live with it.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The OHIO BULL$HIT THREAD - Exactly What It Says -

OSU will NOT be in the championship game.

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
              Groundswell of "ABO" (anyone but Ohio) and it's only mid-season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...20title%20game
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                Well?

Does anyone have confidence that Michigan will be undefeated when the OlieO game rolls around? I don't. In fact, I don't think they escape with a win THIS weekend. Indiana after that is another ripe opportunity to lose at home. I don't have confidence that they can handle MSU, and the NW game could get downright embarrassing.

As I said, if OlieO is counting on a "big win over Michigan" this year, they're screwed. It won't mean anything more than a win over Purdue.
                I've said it already, we will be undefeated thru October, 7-0 with a bye week to prepare for no matter how many minutes of unnecessary roughness (or whatever they call it) that narduzzi wants to send against us. Obviously, I like our chances there better than most here, as much due to our misunderstood and underrated defense as anything else.

Jake Ryan will be returning real soon--- and I think some here don't yet realize how far his return goes towards making a good defense into a game-changing defense.

I honestly think the game at NU is gonna be our toughest test of the 4 in November leading up to the finale in Ann Arbor vs. ohio. I predict us to be a one-loss team come Thanksgiving. Would be hugely disappointed, though, if that trap game @Iowa trips us up. We always seem to struggle there, and the coaches and upperclassmen leadership will need to show what they're made of for that one.
                Last edited by Rob F; October 10, 2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• I think we go into the OSU game with 2 losses. One of the predictable ones and one unpredictable. I agree with you about the defense. I think that Ryan is going to make plays himself and create space for others to make plays too. Still...
                  Last edited by hack; October 10, 2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• 7-5 ........

If M manages to win in HV, I'll go as far as to say they'll go 8-4.

Heh.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Tommy Schutt should be back this week. Wooot!

Jordan Hall should also be back.

Comment

• Pleasure to see Bucknut contortions and consternation so early this season.

Just we you thought it was over, Heisenberg's "Blue Magic" surfaces on the streets of that quaint Columbus hamlet in Northern Kentucky, sweet touch.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• B1G released its 2018-19 schedules today.

For OSU:

2018 draws from the West not so bad (Minnesota, @ Purdue, Nebraska). 2019 a lot tougher (@ Nebraska, @ Northwestern, Wisconsin)

Also means OSU & Nebraska are playing every year from 2016-19

Comment

• Those western draws other than Nebraksa might not be so tough by 2019. It's going to take long term overachievement for NW and Wisky to continue contending for Big Ten championships.

Comment

• I dunno, Hanni.

Wisconsin seems to always find enough talent to make things tough. I don't know where they are finding those kids, but their history is well established.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think over the next 10 years Wisconsin will win as many or more West Division titles as anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X