No announcement yet.

Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for Jeff's closing the game thread and making a new one to discuss "looking forward".

Comment

• Dear lord at this thread....
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think Jeff and the conference have the same strategy for making sure these controversies don't live a shorter life than they have to.

Comment

• I disagree about the Unsportsmanlike call. He stood on the sidelines, slammed his headset down and threw his play sheet back into the sideline. He was yelling, but I don't know how close any ref was.

What specific action violated the rules?
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Because in "basketball" that's a technical foul!!

Comment

• That, to me, is the best example of ``never attribute to malice what you can to stupidity''. What a flippant thing to say. You can't have a conspiracy with completely stupid people.

Comment

• If the refs were biased, the game would have never gone to a first OT, and certainly not a second. That M had 5 more flags is just not impressive. No, countless uncalled holds on M could be called, and hand-fighting CBs, and any upper body tackle could be called a targeting in this climate.

Is it possible that Ohio State got some home cooking? Sure, I guess. Is this an egregious example of disparate officiating? Not in my opinion on anything I have seen. I think that M fans had a better argument over a couple of calls in the Iowa game, fwiw.

And with that, this is the last I will comment on the Fighting University of Michigan Nittany Vols' complaints on officiating. (Probably, heh).
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Acts by players or coaches deemed to be demeaning to game officials is an USC. Disagree all you want...but four letter words and throwing a headset in front of a game official in reaction to a call on the field....uh yeah...that's an USC.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExDzutIIe80"]Woody Hayes 1977 Michigan Punching Camera Man - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Agreed, I don't think you can go by number of flags. It's open-and-shut that the refs wouldn't have had to look hard to find more things to flag, and in fact they would have only had to have looked on third downs. But you can't go by number of flags. Even in the famous Lakers/Kings game from the 2002 WCF, the Kings were whistled for just six more fouls. Whether conspiracy or accideent, it's never the total amount of calls. It's the whens and wheres and hows.

You make a good point about Iowa. There's nothing that really and truly points to it being a conspiracy. It's just a system that needs improving. On some days you get a really skewed result that really and truly drives that home.

Comment

• If indeed the official said the basketball reference that is dumb. I've seen no proof of that...but it's a moot point. Harbaugh's actions warranted a flag. Maintain control Jim...and you won't get a flag. What good does slamming a headset down do? Didn't help Pelini...and he drew tons of USC's...some for less than what Harbaugh did.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Was he flagged?

Comment

• How about this one Wizard ?? Why no flag?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QykPSJGUP94"]Urban Meyer Angrily Tosses Headset Video - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Was he flagged?
                              no

Comment

• Could have been flagged but you can't show a 3 second clip and have it tell the story. Were there words before that? Was there an f bomb? Was there a hostile environment on the sideline? Harbaugh threw his clipboard...slammed his headset forward...and dropped a series of f bombs it appears in response to an offsides penalty. Was Urban throwing the headset in response to a call or was he oissed at his team? Did he drop an f bomb? You can't look at a 3 second clip and determine that. I saw a 30 second clip of Harbaugh...yes his was warranted. Can't tell you if Urbs was given that.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X