Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at the yardage and other stats from The Game. Ohio State blew us out on the scoreboard but M actually showed up till the defense wore down in the 3rd quarter from being on the field so much.

Comment

• Some interesting revisionism. Certainly not the game I watched. One long drive after another. 370 yards rushing. They didn't even score when Bosa returned his awesome pick inside the 20. At 42, they basically called off the dogs.

Rudock kept them in the game for awhile, but the M defense was massively overmatched. It wasn't even a matter of some brilliant gameplan. It's what UFM has done the past 3 seasons. Basic, basic stuff.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What was the score at half time? We were overmatched but it wasn't as bad as the scoreboard said.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
          Look at the yardage and other stats from The Game. Ohio State blew us out on the scoreboard but M actually showed up till the defense wore down in the 3rd quarter from being on the field so much.
          I'll hold to my original position and to put it in PB's terms:

30% overmatched in talent (injuries -- principally Ojemudia and Glasgow + mismatches that urbz optimized ...... I'm loath to call the LB unit un-athletic. Peppers is very good in nickel, he was just outplayed and out schemed)
          20% fatigue; goes right along with the above.
          10% poor scheme v. 10% urbz had Durkin beat no matter how it was played - load the box or play a step or three back; didn't matter (see above).
          20% playing a highly motivated pissed-off O-state team
          20% divergence from the mean: O-state playing better than they had all year/ M's D playing worse than they had all year.

Re the power-spread osu runs: this is a really good scheme for osu given how ufm recruits to it and coaches it. That is why osu is 50-4-0 since 2012 when meyer arrived. Pretty frigging amazing when you think about it. Frankly, it's unexplainable why MSU beat them in the shoe in 2015 (shakes head).

It is hard to beat osu running the offensive scheme they do backed up by a great defense. But there are probably two CFB coaches who, given the time, WILL beat them and beat them consistently ........ Saban and Harbaugh.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• So you're using the scoreboard to support your argument, WM (first half) and then saying it doesn't matter.

Rudock was great in the first half. M's defense stopped OSU once. But Rudock was able to keep the possessions down (4 for M, 3 for OSU not counting last 30s). OSU then kept scoring and M couldn't keep up the unlikely 3rd down conversions. The larger the sample size, the more game trended to the mean
            As one would expect.

There's nothing in the box score that suggests 42-13 was anything other than fair.

Comment

• Ohio State was the only really good offense M played. They played a host of awful offenses. I mean, really bad. But, far be it from me to rain on the top 5/best defense in the country parade.

Comment

• Harbs to play the Pebble Beach Pro-Am in CA. As a celebrity in 2013, he was paired with PGA Champion Jason Day.

I read the other day, Harbaugh has an Agent, a PR Agent and a Business Agent.....NFL Machine/Celebrity Inc.

Last edited by Prime2; February 9, 2016, 07:45 PM.
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Ohio State was the only really good offense M played. They played a host of awful offenses. I mean, really bad. But, far be it from me to rain on the top 5/best defense in the country parade.
                  interesting distortion ... don't ever seemed to be leading that parade. Suggest you go back and read my post.

The real question for you is, do you believe Harbaugh will find a way to stop Urbz in the future or not?

Comment

• I don't think either of my last two posts were plausibly directed at you. So, really, no need for me to re-read your stuff. And if you think my point is erroneous, feel free to make the case.

But, since you asked the question, my answer is I haven't a clue about "the future". I do like what UFM, JTB and the offense can do in Columbus in November. It's been a long time since I've seen a M team stop an OSU offense. I mean, Mattison has held OSU to 34, 26, 42, 42 and 42 points. The "legendary" 2006 defense gave up 42. The "3 shutouts in a row" defense gave up 42 points last season.

I haven't a clue what will happen in 2023 if the parties should so meet. But next year...I 'm ok with next year...

Comment

• Once again the oLIEo rat is allowed to pollute.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Maybe Buchanan will make Talent a moderator next.

LOL

Comment

• Devin Bush Sr. expect to join JH's staff in AA.

Hello south Florida foothold.

Comment

• Are we going to eventually run out of staff positions with which to entice recruits?

Comment

• I hope not, but let's hold out for better players than Devin Bush Jr. next time.

Regarding last year's osu game: It was last year, move on. Next year we have a good shot at beating msu, but not much of a chance to beat osu. They're still loaded, and we're just getting around to stacking classes.
                              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; February 10, 2016, 12:48 PM.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I haven't a clue what will happen in 2023 if the parties should so meet. But next year...I 'm ok with next year...
                                Okay let's restrict to next year since "future" is too vague to you ... I believe next year is part of the future.

Do you expect JT and Co to have similar success against M's defense ... sounds like you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X