No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooting for chaos which at this point is huge controversy over a ton of 1 loss teams.
    If it could somehow come down to Okie State or Ohio State for the 4th spot....and they pick Ohio State.....the B12 would go batshit crazy!

(It won't...I think Ohio State finishes 5th or 6th)
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• assuming MSU beats Iowa... Iowa vs Stanford game would be interesting. I don't bet on Iowa in a bowl game, but Stanford isn't a bad matchup for them.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I think the committee will do everything they can not to have 2 teams from the same conference unless they both were undefeated going into the league championship game
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• B10 is definitely in.

Interesting: OSU has 18 commits right now for their 2016 class, Purdue has 7.
          If you were to rank all of those 25 players (based on 247 rating), the worst 7 players would belong to Purdue's class.
          Purdue, you suck.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If you throw in OSU's 2017 commits then I think Purdue would have 7 of 8 in bottom (35 total) - they had to sign a kicker :-)

Comment

• Sounds like Hazell will survive but most of his staff has been purged

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Sounds like Hazell will survive but most of his staff has been purged
                Expected outcome. Hazell's buyout is too much for Purdue.

Much won't change if the recruiting doesn't get better anyways. Recruiting won't get better if people don't want to come to Purdue... Why would they now?
                Purdue is screwed.

Funny, when Danny Hope was fired, the obvious replacement Purdue fans wanted was Mike Leach. He is doing well in a competitive PAC12....
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Leach? Seriously, that would not have ended well.

That guy is crazier than Harbaugh and not in a good way. Terrible fit at Purdue.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    Leach? Seriously, that would not have ended well.

That guy is crazier than Harbaugh and not in a good way. Terrible fit at Purdue.
                    The older Purdue fan base might be more conservative and expect their coach to be the opposite of Leach (not crazy). However, that fan base is so depleted right now that maybe a crazy guy like Leach would be a great fit. Danny Hope, the most conservative/ least crazy person Purdue could have ever hired in 2008, certainly was awful at exciting people.
                    Leach is known for running a good air raid offense. Purdue fans expect QBs that are decent at throwing the ball (Brees, Orton, Painter in the last decade +).
                    Leach's annual salary is $2.2 million. Purdue could afford that.

When Hazell goes 6-30 in 3 years, anyone would have been a great fit in hindsight... especially Leach, a coach that went 6-3 in the deep PAC12 this year.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I judge a hire or a potential hire by how scared I would be to play against the guy and Mike Leach would rank pretty high on that scale for me. Maybe not terrifyingly high, but he would have Purdue scoring shitloads of points en route to 8-5 seasons.

Comment

• Leach is a nutjob, but I agree with Hanni...dude can coach offense. FFS, he just went 6-3 in the P12 in PULLMAN.

Comment

• Another Purdue post:

Purdue has the 102nd ranked recruiting class for 2016.... 102nd!
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You guys need to go to the MAC, might have a chance to get bowl eligible...

How is your program looking going forward? Was it a young team this season that'll be a threat to win the West next season? j/k, just looking to see where you think your program is headed in the next season or two.
                            Last edited by WM Wolverine; December 12, 2015, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Based on how bad the football program has gone, no doubt. It's a combination of no success on the field, bad location (West Lafayette), bad facilities (which will get better), and bad coach... maybe?

Last post about Purdue... I like this sign:

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Being the 3rd P5 program in a state that doesn't produce enough talent makes it difficult to sustain success. B1G will never boot you guys and the B1G money is too good for you guys to leave on your own accord.

Comment

Working...
                                X