Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree...as stated here many times, about 5-6 highly ranked guys that weren't even on the radar at this time last year ended up in the class. Will be some jostling around for the next 6 months.

Comment

• Maybe the Treasury Dept. will find their missing printing press in Columbus by then... Holy crap they're hauling in a stellar class! Meyer and a 3 yr. head start will be hard to catch.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• All this shows how success on the field breeds success in recruiting (except for Dantonio and Beilein).

The Buckeyes have been weak in the beginning of they year for the last couple of years. It doesn't really help us that the Bucks have been peaking toward the season end.

Comment

• Well coached teams do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
            All this shows how success on the field breeds success in recruiting (except for Dantonio and Beilein).
            Just a quick reminder that M's season starts in 10 days. Woo.
            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• We get a football game two night from now to tide us over too. Worth watching to scout the enemy, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                Edit: Weird, I had him clicked the first time, just didn't save. Here's what I got...putting the number at 29, probably best case scenario. 299.72

Darnay HolmesCB (5-10/190)0.9923 (+29.23)Remove
                Donovan Peoples-JonesWR (6-2/192)0.9918 (+29.00)Remove
                Isaiah WilsonOT (6-7/350)0.9830 (+27.61)Remove
                Dylan McCaffreyPRO (6-5/196)0.9753 (+26.04)Remove
                Tedarrell SlatonOG (6-4.5/340)0.9717 (+24.61)Remove
                Drew SingletonOLB (6-2/215)0.9685 (+21.50)Remove
                Cesar RuizOC (6-3/315)0.9653 (+19.60)Remove
                Nico CollinsWR (6-5/195)0.9558 (+17.23)Remove
                Luiji VilainWDE (6-4/240)0.9497 (+15.15)Remove
                Ambry ThomasCB (5-11.5/174)0.9476 (+13.35)Remove
                Tarik BlackWR (6-4/208)0.9389 (+11.32)Remove
                Kai-Leon HerbertOT (6-5/284)0.9301 (+9.46)Remove
                Josh RossILB (6-1.5/221)0.9139 (+7.53)Remove
                Jaylen Kelly-PowellS (6-0/175)0.9034 (+6.07)Remove
                Oliver MartinWR (6-0.5/188)0.9010 (+5.01)Remove
                O'Maury SamuelsRB (5-11/190)0.8986 (+4.09)Remove
                Corey Malone-HatcherWDE (6-3/246)0.8969 (+3.31)Remove
                A.J. DillonATH (6-1/230)0.8938 (+2.62)Remove
                James HudsonSDE (6-5/280)0.8919 (+2.07)Remove
                JaRaymond HallOT (6-5/282)0.8918 (+1.62)Remove
                J'Marick WoodsS (6-3/205)0.8863 (+1.22)Remove
                Benjamin St-JusteCB (6-3/188)0.8846 (+0.93)Remove
                Joel HonigfordOT (6-6/278)0.8724 (+0.66)Remove
                Phillip PaeaDT (6-4/285)0.8721 (+0.49)Remove
                Andrew StueberOT (6-6/285)0.8590 (+0.34)Remove
                Ben MasonILB (6-2.5/247)0.8510 (+0.23)Remove
                Kurt TaylorRB (5-9/200)0.8472 (+0.16)Remove
                Carter DunawayTE (6-6.5/231)0.8287 (+0.10)Remove
                Chase LasaterFB (6-2/238)0.8262 (+0.07)
                Offense: incredible.

Defense: not so much. We have such a huge logjam at FB and TE that we could maybe stand to move one or two guys to the other side of the ball.

Comment

• Probably should have added Jordan Anthony on there, but I didn't want over 30 recruits on there.

Comment

• Hahaha....
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I guess I'll try posting this again...I can't believe it would be deleted, so I must have not managed to point and click technology correctly.

Oracle:

It seems to me that Tufele is at least as likely as Holmes and I don't consider either of them particularly likely. I also have a hard time seeing them getting all 3 "stud" OL. I realize it's best case, but if best case why not throw in Tufele? At least put them over the 302.40 OSU currently has!
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There just hasn't been as much buzz about Tufele. Maybe once officials begin...still a long way to go with a lot of guys.

I think they currently "lead" for all the OL, god knows if we get them or not.

I really think they'll end up with Holmes though...gut feeling.

Comment

• Tufele is quiet. So, there's never any buzz. Ever.

Holmes...UCLA. I also think he would pick OSU over M, but meh...he's picking neither IMO, so that's irrelevant.

Re OL, yeah -- I think 2 of the 3 is reasonably likely as opposed to best case scenario.

Also, did you account for any decommits or just go with the commits + who you think will finish it out? I have no clue if any the current commits are wobbly or otherwise subject to being upgraded out of the class. For example, even with bad numbers I think 7 OL is excessive. It seems like that's a recipe for having the exact same problem in 3 years.

Anyway, I agree with most of your list. I think they'll finish around 285. And the in-state kids are locks, IMO, so that's good.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• No, no idea on the decommits. That's what makes it hard to come up with commits this year without getting to 35 total commits. Hasn't been any buzz of kids wavering, other than Solomon, so there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                              Well coached teams do that. (WM Wolverine in response to comment that OSU has been improving as season goes on.)
                              Or maybe it's a sign of poor coaching that a powerhouse like last year's OSU team started out so poorly? Only after the sad loss to MSU did OSU get it in gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Tufele is quiet. So, there's never any buzz. Ever.

Holmes...UCLA. I also think he would pick OSU over M, but meh...he's picking neither IMO, so that's irrelevant.
                                I'm curious, why would he pick OSU over M?
                                Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

Working...
                                X