No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cubs win Cubs win - going to the WS vs the Tribe...Not a good look either way for the Detroit Lions

Would like to see Cubs win myself and the Lion take the mantle (sort of speak) for longest drought in Pro Sports (?) with out winning a Title

Comment

Do they now have the longest drought of not playing for a title?

One playoff win in the Super Bowl era. What's that -- 51 years? And, if I'm not mistaken, no home playff games in 23 seasons. It's amazing that a franchise could be so goddamn awful for so long.
      Last edited by Hannibal; October 25, 2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

The Browns last won in '64...last played for a title in '65 I think. Last playoff win was in 1994.

Comment

The Lions last won one in the 1950s, I believe.

Comment

Go Cubbies; fuck Cleveland, or better yet, fuck that entire abortion of a state.
            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

"The Lions last won one in the 1950s, I believe."

It was 1957.

Comment

Someone posted it up a few weeks ago. The Lions currently have the 5th longest championship drought. It will be 4th after the world series though as both the Cubs and Tribe have longer (1st and 4th longest respectively).

Sent from my LG-F670L using Tapatalk
                AAL- Sam Martin - Because the Punter is one of Detroit's most used assets

Comment

Originally posted by KidD View Post
                  Someone posted it up a few weeks ago. The Lions currently have the 5th longest championship drought. It will be 4th after the world series though as both the Cubs and Tribe have longer (1st and 4th longest respectively).

Who are 2 and 3?

Comment

I don't know I'd have to find it again... Let me hit the google machine...

Comment

Cardinals are definitely on the list. 1947 or 1948. I forget which year they beat the Eagles.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Oh, probably the Kings. They started in Rochester as the Royals. I don't think they've won since the very early 50s.

Comment

The Kings disappointed fans in Rochester, Cincinnati, Omaha, Kansas City and Sacramento. Very impressive.

Comment

3rd longest in baseball is the Rangers I'm pretty sure, going back to when they were the 2nd version of the Washington Senators. But that's only like 1960 or so

Comment

It would have taken me awhile to get the Rangers.

The original Senators went from 1924 (I think) to 1987 without a title.

The curse of starting life as the Senators.

Comment

Correct. The Cardinals and number 2 and the Kings are number 4. Cleveland is 3, my bad lol

Atlanta Hawks are actually tied with the Lions at 58 seasons but won their title in 1958. So we suck more...I guess?

Last edited by KidD; October 26, 2016, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X