No announcement yet.

Mich v ND Discussion. In memory of and to honor Clashmore Mike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ND will get exposure to the Brandon Peters or Dylan McCaffrey teams early on.

Can't wait! So happy this series is restarting.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

I retitled the thread lines. Old news now and I wanted to pay tribute to Clashmore Mike.

Comment

Shout out to Jeff for changing the thread title. Mike was one of the good guys. I think we all miss his contributions here
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Yes, I still miss Clashmore.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

In the end, Notre Dame is a bigger name. This will be a huge national game. A home and home with Arkie isn't as valuable, PR wise.

Ideally, you keep Arkie AND add ND, but money has to be made, and you can't fill your non-cons with home and homes.

Good move by M.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Its not a "bad" move, but I just think its a better move for ND than it is for Michigan. I am tired of seeing our athletic department cave in to those guys.

Comment

Adding ND creates an interesting schedule quirk, according to Warde Manuel.

Michigan will go to ND on Sept 1 2018, but ND will come to Ann Arbor on OCTOBER 26 2019. ND in the middle of Big Ten play.

Near the end of the article ..

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  Though I think its good for college football, this is the first time I'm disappointed since the Harbaugh hire and the entire the athletic department leadership team (besides no night games). I guess the leprechauns dictate to us, not the other way around.
                  I pretty much agree with this sentiment. We should have honored our commitment to Arkansas. If Arkansas had cancelled to play some other team we all would be bitching and calling the SEC all kinds of vile names which, by the way, they deserve. Other than winning against teams in the B10, I'm of the opinion that the measuring stick nationally for UM is versus the SEC and not ND. M's football program would not have been crushed if the ND series has been pushed back. Also, agree that ND should have paid the 2 million to Arkansas and that scheduling ND, MSU, and OSU as away games in the same year is not the result of clear thinking by the athletic department. In this instance, monkey on a string is what comes to mind.

Comment

I wish Michigan could play Jeremy Gallon in this 2018 game...
                    Let's get Gallon 300+ receiving yards vs ND. He did it vs IU.... AND had like 4 TDs vs ND.

What a beast of a WR in 2013. Gallon is playing Arena Football today FYI.

Random: IU fans must not like hearing the name Jeremy Gallon or Jehu Chesson. Haunts them.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

IU has fans?

Comment

I didn't even know they had a football team.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

They don't. *bah-dum-bum*
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

I'm happy that the team that's been Michigan's #2 rival for the bulk of my lifetime is back in the mix. I do think it's a shame that we start off at their place when we play the other 2 rivals on the road the same year. This could've been something to balance out things for season ticket holders but they blew it.

Comment

With HARBAUGH! they haven't had trouble selling season tickets.

Comment

More thawing of relations between the B1G and Notre Dame (they have joined the B1G Hockey). Nothing is going to happen for years but Notre Dame would be a huge boon to the B1G if they ever joined.

Glad to see the series is back.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X