Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony G View Post
    The elephant whisperer!

You could have started a moving company, four trunks and a guy.

But seriously, that had to weird. I wonder if the elephants were signifigant.
    I think the elephants are very significant MM......., the meaning of this is, ......., stop sneaking crafty helpings of the jambalaya or you'll have an arse the size of an elephant. I googled it..... It's true bud!
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Tony G View Post

You could have started a moving company, four trunks and a guy.
      LMAO!
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

I remember once I had a dream that was so real it brought me to tears and woke me up.. My father passed when I was 13 and I hadn't been out east for 20 years to visit his grave.. I had a dream that was so vivid, the doorbell rang and I got up out of the bed to answer the door and there he was and all he said is "why haven't you come?" I woke up in a sweat and crying the wife thought I was having a heart attack.. long story short in three days I flew to Boston, rented a car and spent the day with him--actually a week.. spooky
        If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

I've had the same recurring nightmare since I was very young. Dark figure appears at my bedside and tries to get me to come with him......it's face is shrouded by darkness.

Occaisionally it gets really freaky and will do things like use my father's voice or tell me that my son needs me.

My wife wakes me about 1-2 times per month screaming for help.

Comment

You have the Devil talking to you Nick.

Play his game and screw him up.

Dreams will let you do that.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by kayrone View Post
              I rarely remember my dreams, but last night i had a nightmare for the first time in a looooong time. I blame this thread. ;-)

I don't remember much, but I had some sort of a dispute with some thuggish dude over a sweater. (?). I was staying at someone else's house (a guy named Steve), and woke up in the middle of the night being attacked by said sweater-thug, trying to scream out for Steve to come to my aid, but I couldn't yell loud enough - and then I woke up for real, heart racing, sweating, afraid to go back to sleep, the whole nine yards. Freaky.

Sorry ark, that sucks, dude.
              Ya it's amazing how real dreams can be. I had a dream years ago I was watching my niece(maybe 6) and i took her to a carnival. I met a friend and we started talking. Couple minutes later she was missing and I looked around for her but couldn't find her. Then I heard her saying help me Uncle Dan help me. I finally spotted her at the bottom of a dunk tank and she kept saying help me Uncle Dan help me. I went to the top of the dunk tank and tried to reach her but my arm wasn't long enough. She kept pleading but my arm wasn't long enough. I bent as far as I could and stretched as far as I could but I just couldn't reach her. I woke with a start sitting straight up in bed. I was sweating profusely, breathing heavy, and shaking. I was never so glad of a dream/nightmare in my life.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Are you of good health Nick? Sounds like the feckin Grim Reaper mate.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

ROTFLMAO at posts 29 thru 31.

Stee -- very touching, but I would expect nothing less from you.
                  (BTW, guitar in for repairs, ....soon)

Nick - are you a Hobbit?

Dano --- that's how my dreams are on a steady basis. Can't reach far enough, run fast enough, jump quick enough ..... Always scary.
                  "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

other two dreams I have remembered.

Ran in to an old girlfriend at a new years eve party a few years ago. We talked had a pleasant time, shared the NY kiss. We had broken up a good bit before that because she went psycho screaming at me on my doorstep at 4 am. When I went back in my house and told her to cool off and call me tomorrow she got in her car and started honking on the horn until neighbors called the cops. This was pretty much the end of the ordeal.

Well after the nice party experience I came home and a couple of days later dreamed of me and her driving down a scenic road like the pacific coast highway in a convertible. The dream had a really great feeling about it, just a good pleasant, happy vibe. Then the car went around a the corner of a cliff and the bridge that was supposed to be there was out. The car goes over the edge and I watch the rocks and surf get bigger as we fall towards them seemingly forever. I woke up in a cold sweat just before impact. I figured my dream self was sending me a pretty clear message there.

Dream number 2

I'm in Tanh son nuht airport in vietnam as the country is falling to the communists. With me is an 18 year old version of shirley temple (see pic below). We are trying to get on one of the last planes out of saigon. They keep changing the gate on the flight and we have to keep running from gate to gate all the while we can hear the approaching artillery and gunfire. it seems like we keep chasing and chasing the gates and finally we get to it and sit down and wait. Shirley keeps complaining that her feet hurt and I wake up.
                    (Puzzling dream)
                    shirley pic of the approx. era
                    Last edited by Tony G; January 15, 2013, 08:59 PM.
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Bloody hell they sound like vivid dreams Tony. I think you are right about dream one......, very clear message......, you escaped the psycho hose beast and stay well the fuck away. Dream two? That is probably the strangest dream on the thread so far. I'm guessing the Vietnam part has nothing to do with it and you just want to give Shirley a foot rub? I dunno, like I said, I'm guessing.

For the record, I don't really dream that much. My wife will tell you herself....., I sleep so soundly that she thinks I'm dead every morning. I did dream once that I was being attacked by a gigantic, FKIN HUGE, multi coloured bumble bee......, I thought I'd escaped when I ran for my life and managed to get a bus......, which was being driven by a multi coloured bumble bee. Woke up in a right state.
                      The only other memorable dream was the day after my father in laws funeral......, he was sitting on my fkn bed talking to me. To this day, I don't know if that was a dream or if it was a real ghosty thingy.

Comment

Interesting, I remember a lot of my dreams. Almost all are recurring dreams about one out of four best friends who died are back. One is my girlfriend when I was 25 (she was 22) and its always a great time, but I know somethings wrong (she died of cancer) or she has to go back home (?) (away from me). The other three friends come and go and it usually is where have you been?? Or they faked their death.

Nightmares, well when I break down and start talking to my exwife on the phone, I always start dreaming of her and its always ends like are marriage - Her doing something stupid, also I dream im back home where I grew up and I hate that since I have horrible memories there.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          Are you of good health Nick? Sounds like the feckin Grim Reaper mate.
                          It's been going on since I was 4...almost 35 years....im pretty used to them by now, but occasionally one will rattle me for a couple of days. Here's the (long) story:

I've talked about this with my parents because my wife brought it up at a family dinner one time.....this is where it kind of gets creepy.....the dreams started when one of my relatives sent me some sort of statue for my birthday. It was supposed to be a scarecrow but it was like somebody took a ceramics class for a hobby.....it wasn't very good. But I loved the statue.

The night it was put in my bedroom I had the first of the dreams.....my mom still brings up the first one from time to time, because I screamed so loud and was inconsolable. Here's the really creepy part......in the very first dream the figure appeared in my hallway (not far from my bed) and remained after I woke, I know this because I saw my mom run through it when she came in to the room. I screamed and pointed at it for like 5-10 seconds before it went away.....seemed like a week though. So it was like more of a hulucination than a dream the first time.

Mom threw the statue out the next day

my wife and I refer to it as "the dark man". I think she's more creeped out by them then I am. It always wants me to go with it......sometimes it grabs me.....sometimes it gets in my face.....sometimes it stands at the foot of the bed or in the doorway. I'm always paralyzed in the dream.....screaming is my only control, I actually think to myself while I'm in the dream that I need to scream loud enough for Andrea to wake me up.

Dark figure wears black or dark brown clothes..... sometimes robes (like a Jedi) sometimes a very nice black suit. Long bony fingers also dark and difficult to see......the face is dark and impossible to see, it's like I can make out parts of it when I'm not looking directly at it out of my peripheral vision but when I look directly at it it becomes more difficult to see.

Comment

That's some crazy, over-the-top horror stuff, Nick. Just reading it is pretty freaky. I'm surprised you can be so calm about it, but I suppose after 35 years...
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Holy Smokes Nick! That is really freaky stuff. Maybe you read too much Stephen King or something. Sounds like you have the Walkin Dude visiting you in your dreams.
                              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

That's pretty crazy Nick, you could probably develop that into a horror movie script if you felt like it.
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X