Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still think we get Delance, but if not misses on the ol are easier to deal with at this point. Especially given who we're still in on.

Comment

• Delance fwiw is getting to be close friends with a handful of Texas top targets. If signing day was two weeks ago, he might've been a Wolverine but that appears to have changed.

Comment

• Rashan Gary will be a Wolverine but not optimistic about Delance. He announces tomorrow, likely for in-state Texas.

Comment

• If today wasn't enough to convince the fence-sitters about Michigan, then nothing will convince them.

I think Gary's coming here too.

I hope Nauta was watching how many times the TE was targeted today.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's not easy to convince guys from out-of-state to leave home. That seems to be the case for Delance...

Hopefully HARBAUGH!!! can convince a few blue chippers leaning elsewhere that M is a place for them, this game certainly helped his argument, "that we can win with you or without you."

Comment

• Bowl games are virtually meaningless for recruiting.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• right on time ....
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'd certainly rather win one, though. Harbaugh just doubled last year's win total, so I'm glad for the win.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• And also - I'd rather be the team going bowling. Let's see, what bowl did Texas play in this year? Hmmm, they didn't go bowling? And you want to play for that program?

At least that's what I'd bring up in recruiting ;)

Comment

• well if Clemson beats 'Bama, they will be bringing it up on Rashan's OV --- let's hope Talent's right about its effect.

Comment

• I think you guys get hung up in stuff that impresses you. The best visits aren't gamedays. You're far better off with a Dec or Jan OV. It also doesn't really matter if you win on the OV. And it really doesn't matter if you win a bowl or not.

Comfort and relationships.

Comment

• Yep, this guy speaks for every recruit ever.

He knows.
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Agree but everything else being equal?

Comment

• Are things ever really equal, WM?

So, a few years ago OSU lost out on James Quick to Lville. OSU thought they had them but the Cards railed the Croc in the Sugar and Strong sold him on the hometown team. Now MAYBE that bowl game mattered...but I think Quick was just looking for any reason to stay home.

If Delance goes UT it's comfort. Gary loves Partridge. Clemson could win the fucking Super Bowl and it wouldn't matter.

Anyway, those are my general rules. Exceptions may apply, I guess, but rarely, IMO. Comfort. Relationships.

Comment

• Never. Location/culture (comfort) is enormous, most people would be surprised by how few recruits play football 500+ miles away from home.

Comment

Working...
                                X