Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep

Comment

• I think we're up to five of the people in the Chris Steele document that have died since he wrote it.

Geezer's still wondering why Putin would prefer Trump anyways.

Comment

• Strong leader. Winning.

Comment

• Bannon taking shots at Paul Ryan and Gary Cohn behind closed doors. Breitbart has been strongly opposed to the healthcare bill from Day 1 and has been careful to tie Trump to it as little as possible

The Trump aide has told associates he’s unhappy with the bill and is already distancing himself from it.

Comment

• Nunes just cancelled the scheduled open hearing with Clapper, Brennan, and Yates that was supposed to be held Tuesday. Did so without, once again, informing the rest of the Committee.

Comment

• I think we can confirm Nunes has the Layla music on endless loop in his head.

Comment

• Neither he nor Nunes have actually seen anything and are relaying second-hand information yet you're absolutely convinced it's 100% true.
                No. I'm not even close to 100% sure. Nunes said he saw documents. King said he was 99.5% sure during the interview. I understand you have been trained to attack the source at all times, but these fellows said what they said and they are in a position to know.

As I think about it, I'm agreeing with Hoss that there will be someone in Trump's orbit who was surveilled and unmasked. IMO, that will be enough for Trump to claim vindication. Remember, it has been your side that has been screaming about what Trump tweeted for the better part of a month now. I'll say it again, you are proceeding exactly as you did about Trump not releasing his tax returns. And I'll predict right now that IF what King and Nunes allege turns out to be even partially true, you'll just pivot to saying that Trump planted the material that Nunes claims to have seen.

You have avoided answering the "why" of Obama changing long-standing government policy and opening NSA raw data to all 17 intelligence agencies. Thinking that Trump might infringe on civil liberties in a greater degree is no reason to justify a substantial infringement in the first place.

And that says nothing about the actual wrong that has been done, ie: unmasking citizens and leaking classified materials to the press. I notice you have not yet tried to justify either. These are actual facts arising from the Gen. Flynn hit.

Comment

• Geezer's still wondering why Putin would prefer Trump anyways.
                  True. But Geezer prefers to rely upon first person sources rather than Mother Jones, Buzzfeed, and David Corn.

I guess you have to go to J-school to enter the rarified status where what you think is relegated to certain, chosen, and written sources. We common-sensocrats think Putin might not want oil to be dropping in price, but, hey, those price numbers are not real anyway. The real numbers are secret and established country to country.

Comment

• Unmasking citizens WITHOUT LEGAL CAUSE and leaking classified materials are crimes and should be investiagted. The unmasking of Flynn is NOT more serious than the fact that he was potentially a paid foreign agent of Turkey without notifying anyone. The Army said today that they have no records of him ever notifying them.

Your story about Obama spreading classified information in his last days is largely a Breitbart myth. I will post some article about it when I have more time to research.

When your party is in power partisans tend to feel leaks are much more serious crimes than anything revealed in the leaks themselves. Which is why you would rather not talk about the substance of any of them.

On another note, Peter King, the great Peter King himself, accidentally revealed classified information in the hearing with Comey. Peter King himself admits he messed up and sometimes it can be hard keeping classified and unclassified information straight.

[ame]https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/845300381630566401[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/845306859624058880[/ame]
                    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 24, 2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Paul Ryan controls whether Nunes remains Intel Chair. And Trump appears ready to throw Ryan under the bus if Healthcare flops.

Nunes is a Trump ally and served on his transition team. The same transition team that he's worried might've been caught on wiretaps of foreign officials.

Comment

• I'm not sure Mt. Nunes is the hill you want to die on, haha. Nor Mt. Trump for that matter.

Comment

• It's hard to see unity unravelling that fast.

Comment

• Some possible significance here. The National Enquirer is run by a longtime friend and business associate of Trump's. They run almost entirely pro-Trump stories. THis story likely has zero credibility, but they are now accusing Michael Flynn of being a Russian Spy and that President Trump was crafty enough to note this and cast him out of the House of Saintliness.

Is it fair to wonder if something pretty bad involving Flynn will leak soon and that the White House wants to create a great distance from him, the same way they are with Manafort?

Why else would a rabidly pro-Trump rag suddenly turn on Flynn?

Comment

• Geezer- Nunes' spokesman is named in this piece: Jack Langer. Nunes now says "he can't be sure" if Trump or any associates were captured in surveillance.

Officials say it's possible Trump or his aides were picked up "incidentally," and may only have been mentioned in conversations between foreigners.

On Thursday, the Republican Congressional Campaign Committee sent out an email about Nunes' remarks with the subject line, "Confirmed: Obama Spied on Trump."

They may have gotten a little ahead of themselves on this...

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/845310870607548418[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X