Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    I'm a journalist and I haven't attended a press conference in at least a decade. TYhat's not how you get "news". DC is going to become a total leakfest, given the number of bureaucrats with motivation to get a story out that harms the executive branch's narrative. I think that rather than worrying about what comes out of the White House we should be treating it accordingly. Send the junior people to those press conferences to be a glorified stenographer; get your better people out there work their networks and find the actual information we need and should want.
    But those leaks will be branded as Fake News, the Trumpsters will believe Trump, some will believe the news outlets and many others will not know what to believe.

The discrediting of any news that doesn't agree with Trump is a serious problem and the groundwork is being laid.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It's Roughriders vs. Rough Riders, actually. In one instance it is two words. (And Canadians wonder why we inspire gentle mockery)

Comment

• That link is blocked for me, DSL. So, no comment. Not all resolutions condemning Israel are the same. Condemnations of invading Lebanon or killing citizens in the West Bank or whatever are a little different than the settlement thing, including East Jerusalem.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's Roughriders vs. Rough Riders, actually. One is two words.
            It's actually neither these days. The old Ottawa Rough Riders folded long ago, a year after the CFL lost the beloved Birmingham Stallions. Ottawa only recently returned tot he league in the form of the the hated RedBlacks.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

It's Roughriders vs. Rough Riders, actually. In one instance it is two words. (And Canadians wonder why we inspire gentle mockery)
              The SEC has Tigers vs. Tigers and Bulldogs vs. Bulldogs, so when you think about it, it's not that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                But those leaks will be branded as Fake News, the Trumpsters will believe Trump, some will believe the news outlets and many others will not know what to believe.

The discrediting of any news that doesn't agree with Trump is a serious problem and the groundwork is being laid.
                It's been like that for years. We're in warp speed now, but Rush has spent most of his career doing this. IMO that's why things like BuzzFeed leaking the intel dossier are a good thing. It's time to be as transparent as possible, so that people can make an informed decision. So, at the very least, the maximum amount of transparency is required. It's a good thing anyways, but ultimately it has to be about the documents. Get the documents and write a story, but also post the documents. If you point to the actual documents, you'll have the ability to convince people minded to think about it that they should do so.

No offense to Entropy, but that's a good example of the confusion that exists. We've gone over the difference between deliberate misinformation and mistakes, and now, in the case of Brian Williams, self-aggrandizement without any policy-oriented agenda. It's pretty clear what fake news is. Some people want it to be confusing.

Comment

• .... I'm confused. are we really talking about Canada beyond simple mocking?
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• none taken Hack.. we can disagree with civility. My point the whole time is I'm not sure you can say which news is real as there have been enough mistakes and hiding of facts to support an opinion to make it all suspect.

hence, why you need to seek multiple sources.
                    Last edited by entropy; January 23, 2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

(And Canadians wonder why we inspire gentle mockery)
                      [youtube]0MDsbksfZgQ[/youtube]

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        The SEC has Tigers vs. Tigers and Bulldogs vs. Bulldogs, so when you think about it, it's not that bad.
                        We have eight football teams in the entire country though.

Comment

• btw.. so hack, you support WikiLeaks then? I'd assume so based this..

"IMO that's why things like BuzzFeed leaking the intel dossier are a good thing. It's time to be as transparent as possible, so that people can make an informed decision."

Comment

He's said it for months now. It's not new.
                            The hashtag is.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              It's actually neither these days. The old Ottawa Rough Riders folded long ago, a year after the CFL lost the beloved Birmingham Stallions. Ottawa only recently returned tot he league in the form of the the hated RedBlacks.
                              Let's not let facts get in the way please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                [youtube]0MDsbksfZgQ[/youtube]
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X