No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game effort by Texas, tough way to lose - I wonder if Gus ever loses his voice?

Comment

• We could only hope...
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• yeah texas shoulda went for two in the first ot

Comment

• Gus must have been in glorious form

Comment

• his hysteria was in fine form

Comment

• No kidding re Gus.

Comment

• Have to catch a replay. GOAT.

Comment

• Fuck a bunch of Screamin' Gus.

He is beyond terrible.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CGVT is beyond terrible at appreciating quality announcing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      CGVT is beyond terrible at appreciating quality announcing.
                      Ha!

Comment

• Rutgers and Jerry Kill .......

Kill returned to college football as an assistant coach at Rutgers after seizures drove him out of the HC position at Minnesota.

His seizures are reportedly back. I've got empathy for the guy but he shouldn't be coaching. Stop trying to kill yourself, Jerry. Time to do something else.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• QB play seems to be down this year, on the whole. There seem to be fewer dominant QBs and some of the guys who were supposed to be dominant aren't. Sam Darnold was one of the Heisman favorites coming in but he has thrown 6 INTs through three games. Lots and lots of sucky QB play out there. There is a lot of youth around the country but also guys who just haven't progressed as people thought they would. It's a good year to be rebuilding your secondary.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; September 21, 2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Well, David Blough, the next QB M faces @ Purdue has a passer rating of 174.5 (67/51, 76.1%, 6 TDs, 2 INTs).

M's secondary is going to get tested. As well, if you watch any video of his throws, he's got a very quick release even on his long balls. Jeff Brohm, Purdue's HC, is a spread disciple with a good deal of trickeration fit in. Even if coverage has been good, M's secondary has not faced this kind of confusing route running yet.

Moreover, Purdue has a 6'4" WR, Cole Herdman, and several TEs capable of winning jump ball battles v. the entirety of M's secondary. Get TE match-ups v. LBs and a hot QB hand and Purdue will thrive.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We'll see. Blough has been shown to be pretty careless with the ball. Pressure and coverage so far this year have been great against QBs who have by and large been taking sacks instead of throwing the ball into coverage (but there has been some of that too). For every six passing attempts against us this year there has been one sack and in the "great athlete" department Purdue isn't offering anything that we have yet to see.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; September 21, 2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Purdue hasnt faced AH defense yet, much less a good one. Im sure theyll move the ball at times, but overall, meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X