No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news DL! And good story about the homeless guy.

Comment

• Can't speak for the American homeless, can't even speak for the British homeless....., but I do have an opinion on the Edinburgh homeless in that a very high percentage of them are either junkies or alcoholics and they need serious help. If I handed the guy on The Mound in Edinburgh 5 20quid notes, he'd head off and buy 50 cans of Special Brew, guaranteed.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        Good news, Mark. Let's go there, then.
        Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        I'm in.
        Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        I can probably do an evening this week or next.
        Originally posted by Tony G View Post
        Just remembered after wed looks better for me so if we want a day off after the holiday how does next Wed sound? (not this one)
        Originally posted by DanO View Post
        Works for me.
        Beech Daly, yup.
        I am good for the 28th.
        Is this still on?
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Always great to hit this thread and read all the great news.....I write from the patient lounge at my local hospital.....In for minor surgery....home by Friday....My wife says i should be in hospital more often.....in ;March of last year...when I was in for 10 days or so, temps were constantly in the mid seventies....now that i am in again we had our first day with temps in the 80's....planning an event?....call on me....I'll make sure I am confined to guarantee you a pleasant day
          http://www.detroithttp://www.detroit...ilies/wink.gif

Comment

• using chrome here...but it is not pickiing up emoticons for some reason....

Comment

• Tony, not for me. I totally forgot and my grandbabies are coming over tonight to celebrate the youngest's third birthday which was last Friday. My DIL and the kids are staying with her mom locally here for a few weeks while their things get moved from Houston to Dallas. Son got a promo.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• sounds like a scrub then
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• DL, thank your wife for being a ROCK STAR - what a great thing to do for someone.
                  "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    Can't speak for the American homeless, can't even speak for the British homeless....., but I do have an opinion on the Edinburgh homeless in that a very high percentage of them are either junkies or alcoholics and they need serious help. If I handed the guy on The Mound in Edinburgh 5 20quid notes, he'd head off and buy 50 cans of Special Brew, guaranteed.
                    That is a very popular theme here as well Marko. It's the main reason I don't give them any money. Went to the Tiger game this past Sunday and when we left we walked past several people seeking money. My thoughts were I'm not giving you money so you can go buy alcohol. That may not always be the case but I can't distinguish the difference so I just keep walking.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                      Is this still on?
                      Been wondering about this. No one confirmed it. I've just been waiting to hear. Have to be persistent if you want to plan these things Tony.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I've just cancelled the flight. Apparently a full refund is no problem for them either so no harm done.
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Re: Family Book...Forum Style

That is a very popular theme here as well Marko. It's the main reason I don't give them any money. Went to the Tiger game this past Sunday and when we left we walked past several people seeking money. My thoughts were I'm not giving you money so you can go buy alcohol. That may not always be the case but I can't distinguish the difference so I just keep walking.
                          I completely understand and agree. I highly doubt the guy got a cheap motel room, got a decent meal and a comfortable nights sleep. But it was the point of the moment for my wife. We both had good news from our doctors were feeling joyous I guess.
                          Whatever he did with the money, he was as happy yesterday as we were.
                          Who knows, maybe he upgraded from a bottle of Mad Dog to a 6 pack of Guinness.
                          Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            Sorry DanO, this post wasn't there last time I posted. I do exactly the same. Probably guilty of tarring all with the same brush but it's difficult to tell with 20% of them. The other 80% look like half baked jakeys and one of the reasons our taxes are so fucking high.

Comment

• I was discussing this with the wife yesterday, DL and she said exactly the same as you, almost word for word.
                              "The money is irrelevant, she was making him as happy as she was yesterday".
                              I do understand things better now, and it was an awesome thing to do in that moment.

Comment

• Re: Family Book...Forum Style

Since I started my job a little over 2 years ago there has been a gal at the turn around on Telegraph just south of 8 mile asking for money. Since the freeway closed at the beginning of April three more have appeared. One guy at 7 mile that has interfered with traffic and two more at turn arounds that don't. I don't give to any of them for the same reasons mentioned but wrestle with it.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X