X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
    This is for you EBSN haters.

Tosh.O Sports The Science - YouTube
    saw that last night .... absolutely spot on! lol momemts.
    Forever One!

Comment

• Was speaking with an old buddy earlier today, (another heating installer). He was telling me that he had installed a heating system in a ground floor flat in Glasgow a few months ago. A week after it was installed, he was asked by his employer to go back there as the woman in the house ABOVE had a complaint. She wouldn't elaborate on the phone as to what the problem was. They just couldn't work it out at all......, leaks don't drip upwards! They assumed something was probably noisy.
      Anyway, Max heads back through to Glasgow (54 miles) and Knocks on the woman's door. Can only write out the brief conversation with the woman:
      Max: hi there, heating company here who installed the heating in the house below. Understand there is a problem?
      Woman: Aye, come in son.
      Max goes in.....
      Woman: I'll tell you what it is son. Ever since you fitted that heating doonstairs, I cannae get Radio Clyde on ma radio!"
      Max: EH?

Max said he was looking for hidden cameras, thought he was on one of those candid camera programmes!

108 miles round trip for an insane old woman.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Did he install a thermostat?

"The BBC are now responsible for investigating complaints of interference to domestic radio and television.
        Potential causes of interference inside the home can include central heating thermostats, fridge-freezers and some dimmer switches, for example on halogen lights. Under some circumstances, radio or other electrical equipment outside your home can also cause interference.
        Before reporting interference to the BBC, you should check your TV or Radio installation to ensure it is operating correctly. In some cases, faults such as poor aerial connections, can cause be the cause of the interference."

AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• There was, Dean, but it was a hard wired thermostat. The jobs in question are called "medicals" and they are all old age pensioners flats. The wireless equipment using radio frequency wasnt entertained simply because they didn't want anything "possibly" interfering with the direct lines to the carers/ doctors /hospitals etc.

But in all honesty...., we have been installing the wireless gear for years......, never had any issues. The BBC are probably cutting power to their transmitters and blaming everything else!
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Components in "hard-wired" thermostats (and especially in dimmers) can create Radio Frequencies that would interfere badly with radio and terestrial television reception.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
              Components in "hard-wired" thermostats (and especially in dimmers) can create Radio Frequencies that would interfere badly with radio and terestrial television reception.
              ......so that is why I have been having problems tracking my terrestrial monitor?
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I just meant interference with radio and over-the-air television (non-cable, non-satellite - with an 'antenna' it is called) broadcasts.

But, yeah it could be.
                Lions Fans.

Comment

• Apologies to everyone. Told what I thought was a funny story...... Didn't realise it'd turn into a fucking physics lesson about frequencies!

What she want to listen to Radio Clyde for anyway ? Weegie bstds.

Comment

• No worries Marko.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Randy Moss looks different than I remember.

I feel almost sorry for ol' smokin jay.

Lions Fans.

Comment

• LOL.

GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Superbowl edition. Featuring actual NFL players.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mDp-ABzpRX8&x-yt-cl=85027636&x-yt-ts=1422503916"]Key & Peele - East/West Bowl 3 - Pro Edition - Super Bowl Special Premieres Friday 10/9c - YouTube[/ame]
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• 2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X