Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forget what game, but mid-season McDoom pitched it to somebody, or reversed field just after getting the ball, or there was a fake or something -- it looked like they were just about to start building counters off of it, and then the whole thing disappeared. And they could have done it with Chesson too, like last year, but didn't. I don't get it. I'm sure there are good reasons, but, then again, what possible good reasons were there for sticking with Pepcat? If Peppers really was so good and fast at picking up new concepts, he could have ran a jet sweep. That's not complicated.

Comment

• O'Korn back for next year

Comment

• Backup QB is biggest problem. Need to not lose a beat when starter goes down. Instead we have everyone speculating that we lost 3 of last 4 because Speight was injured (which he definitely was in Iowa game). We were lucky to dodge the bullet when Ruddock went down in 2015. In a previous year we lost Robinson and the result was disaster.

Play the backups early and keep them sharp!

Comment

• The speculation that Speight was injured was rampant because no one wants to believe that Speight is really that bad.
          Last edited by Kstat; January 4, 2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Who is Spwight?
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Speight against Indiana, Ohio State and Florida state played like I would expect a decent backup QB to play. I really don't care if we have one or two decent backup QBs because we won't win with big games with either one. We need a real starter.

I like Speight. He seems like he gets the most out of what he has but what he has ain't good enough. He isn't a guy that's going to lead a Michigan football team anywhere meaningful. Not enough talent, not enough poise in big games.
              Last edited by Kstat; January 4, 2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Speight was injured, that's not speculation.

Comment

• Sure he was. But implying that he played like garbage for a month because he was hurt is speculation based on wishful thinking.
                  Last edited by Kstat; January 4, 2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• The biggest thing for Wilton was the sound of footsteps from his left, right or some 330 pound dude in his grill coming straight over center.

Look, Speight is a very good QB. He is at least Conner Cook good and I'll predict he has a good season in 2017 ...... better than jtb.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Connor cook is an NFL QB. He's starting a playoff game next week.

Wilton Speight is not anywhere near Connor cook. It's a joke to even compare them. Barring a miracle he will never see a snap in the NFL.

You want to see what a real NFL QB does with a Swiss cheese O line? Look at Connor Cook's last season at MSU. He dragged that shit offense kicking and screaming to the CFP. Don't give excuses for Speight and then tell me he's an NFL QB.
                      Last edited by Kstat; January 4, 2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• It sure does seem like you like Speight.

Comment

• How many returning B1G QB's would you take ahead of him, Ktat?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                            How many returning B1G QB's would you take ahead of him, Ktat?
                            They're all crap. JTB is the best of the bunch and you saw what he was made of against Clemson.

I'd take McSorely and I don't think he has any real NFL talent but he's a leader which counts for more than what we have.

Hornibrook and Lewerke look like they have lots of room to grow as well. I'd take that over a senior QB that I have no faith in.
                            Last edited by Kstat; January 4, 2017, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Connor Cook had a much better line than Speight. It was a mash unit and still miles better. I'm not sure on Jeff's claim, Cook was farther ahead in his Sophomore year.

Speight is good though, it is how much he improves that matters. He improved a lot from his freshman to sophomore year. He's a hard worker who works with top notch QB coaches in the offseason, he'll improve. When people talk about ceilings with Quarterbacks, a lot of times its nonsense. Experience and work ethic are huge factors. A lot of times its more important than athletic ability.

Comment

• I saw Wilton Speight shit himself against far lesser defenses than the one Connor cook lit up in AA 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X