Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was Sun Tzu who said, "If your enemy wants satellite camps and it does not benefit you, oppose it."

Well done.

Comment

• That was my only post on the subject. My apologies if SEC coaches have given you satellite camp fatigue.

Comment

• I don't care. Have your distance camps. I know why Harbaugh wanted them and I know why the other P5 conferences didn't.

In the end, it's just much ado about nothing, and I think all real stakeholders involved know that. It doesn't stop them from being willing participants in off season theater, though.

Personally, I think it is kinda funny. Anytime the simple opposition to a satellite camp by 4 of the 5 conferences gets a "THE SEC IS OBVIOUSLY JUS' PROTECTIN' ITS SLAVES!!!" comment, it emboldens my spirit and nourishes me like manna from heaven.

Also, changing the "S" in SEC in this thread's title to a dollar sign? Good one! That's the height of originality and a real gotcha! Carry on my wayward sons. Heh.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          That was my only post on the subject. My apologies if SEC coaches have given you satellite camp fatigue.
          It's been quite the topic in certain threads here and in certain other circles. Not you specifically, though.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Satellite camps are offseason nonsense. Irrelevant with the exception of low tier kids getting noticed by low tier programs. So, doesn't matter for likes of Bama or OSU, but I guess it could for M.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Satellite camps are offseason nonsense. Irrelevant with the exception of low tier kids getting noticed by low tier programs. So, doesn't matter for likes of Bama or OSU, but I guess it could for M.
              Which is why all the whining from certain coaches seems absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Which is why all the whining from certain coaches seems absurd.

Sure. On both sides, both for and against the camps.

Comment

• Talent,

Speaking of recruiting, did I mention how much I hate Ohio State for pulling Wyatt Davis? Rumors were that he was strongly considering Bama.

With Leatherwood and Elliot Baker already on board, adding Wyatt Davis would have been glorious.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    I don't care. Have your distance camps. I know why Harbaugh wanted them and I know why the other P5 conferences didn't.

In the end, it's just much ado about nothing, and I think all real stakeholders involved know that. It doesn't stop them from being willing participants in off season theater, though.

Personally, I think it is kinda funny. Anytime the simple opposition to a satellite camp by 4 of the 5 conferences gets a "THE SEC IS OBVIOUSLY JUS' PROTECTIN' ITS SLAVES!!!" comment, it emboldens my spirit and nourishes me like manna from heaven.

Also, changing the "S" in SEC in this thread's title to a dollar sign? Good one! That's the height of originality and a real gotcha! Carry on my wayward sons. Heh.
                    The Pac12 was not originally in favor of a ban either. Their rep at the meeting voted the wrong way. 11 out of 12 members voted to keep the camps and the UCLA guy misunderstood his instructions.

Anyways, the ban was immediately overturned and that never would have happened if a majority of P5 members were against them. A lot of schools didn't realize the impact it would have on their own recruiting.

Comment

• I know, I know. The Pac12 was confused by the butterfly ballot.

The group that first passed the ban was the Division 1 Council, a 40-member group with reps from all conferences.

No, the overturn wasn't exactly immediate and it wasn't because of some vote by all of the P5 member schools. Rather, it was an administrative decision by the NCAA's Board of Directors. The Chair of the Board, who supported the reversal, is the President of an SEC school, coincidentally.

In the end, we have wasted way too much cyber ink on this. Task me no further on this topic. I will brook no further discussion on distance camps.

Comment

• Nick Saban quote:
                        Satellite camps "are bad for college football."

Wrong, Saban.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• lol. I wonder if Saban has to pay rent for occupying the minds of so many rivals?

Anyway, Alabama got the death knell yesterday. We were picked to win the conference at SEC Media Days. The media who vote on these things are never right. Last year they picked Auburn to win it all; however, to showcase their football acumen, they picked Bama to wn the west. No, I'm not making that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            lol. I wonder if Saban has to pay rent for occupying the minds of so many rivals?
                            That's ironic.

Comment

• Like raaaaain on your wedding day?

Comment

• Starting to worry about the first game the more I read. USC's offense is going to give us some trouble. They have an All-American WR, a couple of very capable RBs, and two of the better OTs in college.

On D, they will load the box and make our first year starting QB pass the ball.

Bama should win, but the Trojans have a slugger's chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X