Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how good those two teams were but M handled them both very well and looked really good. This team plays better defense, has more length/size and is as athletic as any since JB's NT Game. They can really shoot and spread the floor too.

Don't have anyone who can penetrate and break down defenses... This team has its share of upperclassman, it should be good (3-4 seed)...

Comment

• Not much of a creator for others but Rakhman does that.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
        Next Wednesday will be another good test for Michigan. On the road vs. 4-0 South Carolina. The cocks feature one-time Michigan target P.J. Dozier and senior Sindarius Thornwell. Sin is averaging almost 21 PPG.
        Sindarius Thornwell I think is one of those kids named by Ron Burgundy.

Comment

• AAR is the designated slasher. Anytime the other team went to a tight man D Michigan immediately spread out and got him the ball in the middle.

Comment

• Marquette is probably an NIT team, but I think SMU is a tourney team.

Comment

• Do they have replays of the bb games?
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                Do they have replays of the bb games?
                Officially, no, but they are unofficially on YouTube. Check the "HAIL" channel.

Comment

• You can also subscribe to mgovideo on youtube, and jbakkar. jbakkar is pretty reliable.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Marquette is probably an NIT team, but I think SMU is a tourney team.
                    Fair enough. But two top-50 kenpom teams, which is definitely a FWIW stat at this point in the season.

What I'm surprised at is how fast the defense looks like what it does. It helps that suddenly there's a mobile and active Wilson to unleash, but you'd expect more missed assignments in November and December basketball. In both games most of the easy baskets the other team got by executing their offense were early in the game. We'll see how it goes as the season goes on, and opposing coaches have more film on the D.

We won't have Donlon with us for very long if it goes this way the whole season, so if he's as good as he looks now we'd better go all out to make him a Michigan Man now, for when we need him to replace Beilein.

(I will calm down soon I promise.)

Comment

• Hack & Hanni- Thanks for the channel recommendations.

Comment

• Defense is easier to play the more you can afford to switch everything. Michigan has the size and athleticism to guard all 5 traditional spots effectively, and DJ is a Swiss Army knife that takes away PnRs run in his direction entirely.

I credit Donlon with teaching effectively, but the fact remains the personnel is there for Michigan to be one of the top defensive teams in the country. They check just about every box.

Comment

• Having a player that can cover anywhere on the court is invaluable.

Comment

• He still is too skinny to guard the post against heavyweights but there are so many big Cs on this team that he's protected from that.

Comment

• 240 pounds is pretty decent but I will say we haven't really seen him tested in that way yet.

Comment

• i can't believe they've turned the D around this quickly
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X