Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
      I would still rank Layne ahead of Stafford personally. Layne has the rings.
      Well kind of. The side benefit I would give Stafford is that Layne was on a really good team that did better when Layne was injured.

But it's hard to pass up on the guy with championships. But I hate the attention a single player even if it's the most important position gets for winning (or not winning) championships. Eli is good QB but isn't an all time great even with 2 and players like Rodgers and Brees are better even if Eli has more. Marino and Kelly are still top QBs even if they never got any rings.

Between Layne and Stafford it would be 1a 1b. Stafford is the better QB for the most part but is on a weaker team and hasn't been a great difference maker till last year. Layne is certainly the tough older style QB that got shit done. But really you can't really compare QBs from such crazy differences in generations.
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

I would still rank Layne ahead of Stafford personally. Layne has the rings.
        Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Me too
        Layne and Kramer (despite my distaste for Kramer)
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Layne is in the Hall of Fame. Stafford has a chance to be there one day but still has work to do.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Layne played the game when the rules did not favor the QB. Lane made things happen but, he did not have 300+ lb guys that can cover 40 in a flash coming after him.

With that said.

Do not take anything away from his accomplishments. He would not be mentioned without Championships because most of the fans that saw him play are dead and the ones that are left are very old and were very young and really probably just remember Dad was happy.

With that said.

Stafford is certainly in the top 3.

Win a Championship and he will be #1 hands down! (Because, you can't raise your hand if you're dead).
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Layne is in the Hall of Fame. Stafford has a chance to be there one day but still has work to do.
              Chance? I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

• When we were much younger playing soccer, we used to have the rule, "any man goalie" because we all sucked at being goalie. But sometimes, someone shone and played the position great. I think the Lions should incorporate "any man quarterback".
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• They tried that for some 50 years.
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Na but, during the game.

"Right Matty, you're sucking big time at the moment at QB...... go wide receiver for the 2nd quarter, and you, Anquan, you go QB."
                    "HEY! How many fucking times have I told you! Don't call me that!"
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                      They tried that for some 50 years.
                      They're still trying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Na but, during the game.

"Right Matty, you're sucking big time at the moment at QB...... go wide receiver for the 2nd quarter, and you, Anquan, you go QB."
                        Couldn't get much worse than 5-49.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          Na but, during the game.

They tried that too in the 90's
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            They tried that too in the 90's
                            And 80s
                            And 70s
                            And 60s
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• November 22, 1962. Enough said.

Read article at www.detroitathletic.com

Comment

• Title of article is:remembering the greatest game in lions history

Comment

Working...
                                X