Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They'll probably guard each other too.

Comment

• Even though I'd think OSU will play quite a bit of zone, probably more often than not.

Comment

• Good first half but Zona eventually figured out the zone. A mediocre year mercifully draws to a close. Sadly, this was probably the least inspiring team that Matta has had. Virtually unlikeable.

Comment

• Seriously? You had Craft, Smith Jr and Ross last year and Russell this yearand THIS team was unlikeable?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            My mother-in-law picked a great weekend to visit, but hoping to squeeze in some viewing time on this one. Johnson vs Russell from the Pistons perspective...
            Pillow? Snuffing? Witching hour?

There are many shades of March Madness.
            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• From my vantage point this was the most likeable OSU team ever. It both had Russell who is a joy to watch but didn't win enough with him for me to get pissed off about that. I wish every season of OSU basketball was just like this one.

Comment

• Russell was fun but it was frustrating knowing that he'd only be here a year and was stuck with a bunch of bums for companions. The seniors generally won't be missed.

On another note the wrasslin team did pick up a national title. Yay

Comment

• Pleasantly surprised by the effort yesterday!

Comment

• Seriously? You had Craft, Smith Jr and Ross last year and Russell this yearand THIS team was unlikeable?
                    Last year's team was eye-bleedingly awful on offense, but they grinded out wins and overachieved. This year's team was absolutely less than it's individual parts and played with a maddening lethargy. It made it easier for me not to care so much because they didn't seem to care so much.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Anything that makes Stan pleasant is allright by me.

Comment

• So is Russell gone for sure?

Comment

• I can't imagine him coming back. He's apparently a top 5 pick.

Comment

• I would take him first overall. Okafor is the next Big Al, which is no big deal. Russell has a good chance at being the next Steph Curry.

Comment

• IMO, he's not as ready to contribute right away as some other guys, but I could definitely see his game developing over the next 2-3 years to the point where he's the clear #1 in this class.

Comment

• Who is more ready at the top? I hate to cross over into slavish boostering, and it's all based on fit and roster etc., but IMO he's a good shot at ROY. None of the other wings (Johnson, Oubre, Winslow, Porzingis, Hezonja) have games as well defined as his. Bigs take a bit, and Mudiay's a total wildcard. Russell's 3 will get him through the early stages until he can start using his other skills. Okafor I could see producing very well very early on offense, but also struggling with foul trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X