Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to be hyperbolic either but ...

... this "3 - #1 QB's" thing could be a two-edged sword. How do 3 guys stay on a single team when they all believe they should be the starter?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• How do they stay? They don't leave. Pretty easy, really.

Braxton is the only one anyone ever talks about leaving and that ain't happening. So, yeah, OSU will have 3 of the 4 best QBs in the B10 on its roster. First world problems.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• But 2 of the 3 are not going to be content standing with a clip board and headphones. It doesn't matter how great your program believes itself to be, you're going to have some discontent at the QB spot. Its unavoidable.

Comment

• If any 2 of them stay, they are in great shape and for now all three are staying. Both Braxton and Cardale are gone after this season regardless so Barrett knows he still has plenty of future ahead of him.

Comment

• JTB won't leave no way no how. As WM noted, he gets the keys in 2016 and maybe earlier.

Cardale opted to pass on the NFL draft to come back. He ain't leaving.

Braxton loves Ohio State. If he's 100% I think he can start. If he's not, then I think he plays in another capacity.

Comment

• LOL, what Jim Tressel really needs to do is STFU. The closest he ever came to the NFL was being told to get bent after he interviewed with the Colts.

Jerry Sandusky received a lifetime ban from coaching, prohibited from interacting with young men on the football field as well as the locker room, as for Tressel, he received 5 years.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...work/24407955/
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Jim Harbaugh went to THREE STRAIGHT NFC TITLE GAMES!!! That's like, just one short of Andy Reid!! UNPARALLELED SUCCESS!!!

Andy: "I'm pretty much the gold standard of NFL coaching"

Marv: "I beg to differ, Andy"

Comment

• How many NFC Title Games did Urban Meyer go to?

I mean, the ones where he didn't have to buy a ticket to get in?

Comment

• Poodle let me help you...First Three Years.

Thx for playing, sit down, stfu.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• First three years! MY GOD!

Did he win 'em all?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        How many NFC Title Games did Urban Meyer go to?

I mean, the ones where he didn't have to buy a ticket to get in?
                        Urban Meyer has also been to fewer NFC title games than Mike Smith, Jim Mora Jr., John Fox, Lovie Smith, and Ken Whisenhunt. Why didn't you hire any of those guys?

Comment

• Nice work, DSL. Not winning championships fits in nicely with M's six decade run of national irrelevance.

Anywho, given how awesomely unstoppable JH is I expect him to top UFM's first three years: 38-3 and a CFP title.

Hey, Prime - what do you say - $1000 says JH loses more than 3 games in his first three seasons at M. LOL.

Comment

• Good Talent, you've learned to control your fear, now release your anger!

How many games JH may drop while fixing the fuckery matters not, the positive trajectory is undeniable.

$500 says he upsets UM in AA, best leave it there for now. Personally I jump to 5K just to make it interesting.
                            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Urban Meyer has also been to fewer NFC title games than Mike Smith, Jim Mora Jr., John Fox, Lovie Smith, and Ken Whisenhunt. Why didn't you hire any of those guys?
                              Gee, I dunno, Strangelove. Maybe you can answer that for me? My guess would be that none of the above want to coach a college team? Jim Harbaugh WANTED to return to Michigan, and the 49ers cooperated, and BINGO! .. he's now in Ann Arbor. Maybe you can ask those guys why they didn't want to coach Michigan. I'm happy with the guy we got.

fits in nicely with M's six decade run of national irrelevance.
                              LOL!! You must work for the spin doctors at MSNBC. They're blind as bats too. You literally cannot step out of your front door without tripping over a slobbering slackjawed ohio fan whose delirious babblings after drinking a case of Boone's Farm will include "Michigan Sucks" and "Beat Michigan". Even in your own state MICHIGAN is relevant.

Shoot, the only way your players get the "gold panties" every year, is if they beat Michigan. I mean, they really love those gold panties. I really don't want to know what they do with them ... but hey, whatever floats their boat, I guess. Don't ask .. don't tell. Who am I to judge ... and stuff like that.

Michigan's national relevance is just fine. It may not be recognized in ohio, but even stop signs aren't recognized in ohio, so its no skin off our noses.

given how awesomely unstoppable JH is I expect him to top UFM's first three years: 38-3 and a CFP title.
                              Nice to see he has your attention. After all, he's working for a nationally irrelevant program ...which has been so for the last six decades ....

lol

Comment

• I'm far more impressed with what JH did at Stanford than what he did in SF and his NFL resume is excellent itself. M's football program is in excellent hands...

One aspect JH knows or was able to get the AD to realize is the importance of assistant coaches/coordinators, he's surrounded himself with some excellent coordinators/assistants that have lengthy track records, a lot of them at the NFL level. JH isn't going to turn around M in one season, but M is on their way back to where they belong, CFB's elite.

Comment

Working...
                                X