No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And to think that there were not race problems prior to Obama is a naive white man's view.

Too bad there was a President that gave them uppity bastards a chance to feel as if they could speak up...
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      Again, if you approached his comments in good faith, I think you?d see they weren?t divisive. Arresting a distinguished Harvard professor for breaking unit his own house was stupid. And his son would be black. Why do you find either of those statements to be divisive?
      Because it took marginal, at best, cases about race and exacerbated them, inflaming tentions and stoking emotions rather than shining the focus on the facts, or just not jumping into a local law cases before any of the specifics were publically known.

Kinda like how the media blew up the Michael Brown case, ignored all of the facts, ran with the fake naritative of hands up don't shoot, and as a result of stoking tentions, several black owned business that had nothing to do with the situation were burnt to the ground.

That isnt how you improve relationships between groups. Its how you tear at them. 0bama is a lot of things but dumb isnt one of them, he knows this.

Comment

• Never mind, memes were better.

This master troll class would be funny if the instructor wasn't strung up with Trump heart strings

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          And to think that there were not race problems prior to Obama is a naive white man's view.

Too bad there was a President that gave them uppity bastards a chance to feel as if they could speak up...
          Fine and all, but mind explaining why in the times the civil rights movement has made some amazing strides the % of black children born to single moms jumped from 17% to 73%?
          Explain why 7% of the US population is committing 50% of the murder
          Explain why black kids are shooting eachother at a far higher rate than white kids are shooting eachother.

Are we a more racist nation now than we were in 1950? If so, please explain how that happened.

Comment

• Gateway Pundit, a website both Kapture and Crash routinely cite as a trusted news source of theirs, has a hit piece up attacking one of the Parkland anti-gun students.

Same website is the central hub for all Seth Rich conspiracy activity.

Oh and they're now being sued for defamation by a Michigan man they claimed was the 'real killer' in Charlottesville, instead of the Alt Right neonazi freak that actually committed the murder.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                Fine and all, but mind explaining why in the times the civil rights movement has made some amazing strides the % of black children born to single moms jumped from 17% to 73%?
                Explain why 7% of the US population is committing 50% of the murder
                Explain why black kids are shooting eachother at a far higher rate than white kids are shooting eachother.

Are we a more racist nation now than we were in 1950? If so, please explain how that happened.
                Huh?

You are literally illustrating CGVT's point.

Unless... You are trying to say these statistics are reflective of "blacks are fucked up exclusively -- so of course there are/have always been race problems"

I am genuinely curious to see how far you will dip your toes into this pool or, if like everything else thus far, this will be a caustic graze maybe supported by more "IVE SEEN ANTIFA UP CLOSE" testimonials.

Seriously. Don't conflate obvious intraracial problems (black on black crime) as some kind of zero-sum denial of interracial problems. We can have a discussion of both, if you really want... But simply blabbing some numbers doesn't prove your new point while dissolving the existence of the other. Not sure how many times you'll execute this particular tactic; it's like watching forum hopscotch.

Comment

• Can we at least all agree that Kushner is a grade A fool?

Comment

• Kapture, that is what abject poverty does. Segregate people into an area where there are no jobs, no investment, and little social activity due to fear and dispair. Mores breakdown and behavior becomes purely self serving and sociopathic. If you want to eliminate the majority of non-white collar crime, eliminate poverty.

Poverty related crime has no color to it. If roles were reversed in society today, you would be able to see horrific white on white crime. Give people hope and most crime goes away.

And yes, Kushner is a grade A fool.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                      Huh?

You are literally illustrating CGVT's point.

Unless... You are trying to say these statistics are reflective of "blacks are fucked up exclusively -- so of course there are/have always been race problems"

I am genuinely curious to see how far you will dip your toes into this pool or, if like everything else thus far, this will be a caustic graze maybe supported by more "IVE SEEN ANTIFA UP CLOSE" testimonials.

Seriously. Don't conflate obvious intraracial problems (black on black crime) as some kind of zero-sum denial of interracial problems. We can have a discussion of both, if you really want... But simply blabbing some numbers doesn't prove your new point while dissolving the existence of the other. Not sure how many times you'll execute this particular tactic; it's like watching forum hopscotch.
                      That is why there is no sense in responding to this fool. I should know better.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        Kapture, that is what abject poverty does. Segregate people into an area where there are no jobs, no investment, and little social activity due to fear and dispair. Mores breakdown and behavior becomes purely self serving and sociopathic. If you want to eliminate the majority of non-white collar crime, eliminate poverty.

Poverty related crime has no color to it. If roles were reversed in society today, you would be able to see horrific white on white crime. Give people hope and most crime goes away.

And yes, Kushner is a grade A fool.
                        Poverty has nothing to do with race, as you pointed out. It is purely behavior based. Three things you have to do to not be perminately poor in the US, graduate from high school, get a job and dont have kids until you get married. These three things, and that's not me, that's according to the Brookings Institution, a left leaning thinktank in Washington DC.

Turns out it has more to do with culture than it does income level, but if you want to discuss what a waste of 22,000,000,000,000 the war on poverty has been I'm down.
                        Last edited by Kapture1; February 20, 2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• So much for that, "here, take this, you are not actually this racist" olive branch.

Comment

• The Manafort liability increases. Gates-Manafort proxy lawyer charged.

Obviously this Coen brothers script is writing itself. Only thing left is third act rife with gratuitous violence made to appear random.

Comment

• Kapture, that is what abject poverty does. Segregate people into an area where there are no jobs, no investment, and little social activity due to fear and dispair. Mores breakdown and behavior becomes purely self serving and sociopathic. If you want to eliminate the majority of non-white collar crime, eliminate poverty.
                              If this is true, then if there are as many poor white folks as poor black folks then absolute numbers of, say, crime and murders ought to be the same. I wonder if they are.

Poverty has nothing to do with race, as you pointed out.
                              Absolutely.

The problem with talking about race and identity as explicitly as the #GentryProgs do is that it makes people like Kapture actually look at the hard data. The #GentryProgs simply excuse away the hard data by saying RACISM! and in so doing infantalize an entire race.

The #GentryProgs want to talk explicitly about race and identity, but only on their terms, i.e., one can point out no facts they disagree with or that runs counter the narrative. Anyone who does is a racist. Don't get me wrong -- statistics are great for #GentryProgs as long as it's showing disparate impact and the horrors of racism. Statistics are racist if they raise the bony, horrible unjust finger of personal responsibility.
                              Last edited by iam416; February 20, 2018, 12:08 PM.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You'd then have to control for racist cops. For some groups, some things are more illegal than others. Which is a shame, because it ruins what is otherwise an excellent point that I would like to see used to moderate the left.

Comment

Working...
                                X