Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Jones to sign free-agent deal with Dolphins

By Dan Hanzus

The Miami Dolphins are adding some more depth to their defensive line.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that defensive end Jason Jones is headed to Miami to sign a deal with the Dolphins, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Jones gives the Dolphins another option on the edge with Cameron Wake working his way back from a torn Achilles tendon. Jones started 31 of 32 games for the Lions over the past two season, collecting 9.5 sacks in that time. He'll turn 30 later this month and is currently recovering from offseason knee surgery. Jones has already come back from a torn patellar tendon suffered early in the 2013 season.

Jones and the Dolphins had been in talks for weeks, according to reports, making Friday's news somewhat expected. Jones also met with the Cowboys during his extended period of free agency.
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that defensive end Jason Jones has signed a 1-year deal worth more than $1.5 million with the Dolphins, according to a source with knowledge of the deal.
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Imo, that was a given after what i read about his visit.

MIA is beasting at DL now. They just extended Wake 2 years and thats despite losing Olivier to the Giants.

Jones will be rotational DL guy just like in Det.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• They were supposed to be beasting at DL last year but they were more Belle than Beast.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I didn't say they were beasting on DL last year.

Im saying it this year. ;)
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I don't know if raiding the Lions to fill up your roster is the best path to success...seems a lot like how the Lions were filling up on ex-Jags...
            AXE 'EM!

Comment

• Originally posted by OR Lion View Post
              I don't know if raiding the Lions to fill up your roster is the best path to success...seems a lot like how the Lions were filling up on ex-Jags...
              Lol. Only if we had gotten Jimmy Smith, MJD or Tony Boselli IN THEIR PRIME. The JAGS from the Jags we got don't qualify in that equation.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• new life for Jahvid Best.

"Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Nice, hope he makes it.
                  AAL Quintez Cephus
                  If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Jahvid Best hopes to represent St. Lucia in the Olympics

Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2016, 9:24 AM EDT
                    Getty ImagesA recent roundup of NFL players trying to get to the Olympics mentioned a very intriguing name: Former Lions running back Jahvid Best.
                    Best, a first-round pick of the Lions in 2010 (they traded up to get him) who last played in the NFL during the notorious Schwartz/Harbaugh pushy-shovy game between the Lions and 49ers in 2011, hopes to qualify for Rio in the 100-meter dash.
                    For Saint Lucia.
                    “I just want to bring pride to Saint Lucia, to the Olympic team, to the sport of athletics,” the former Cal tailback recently told St. Lucia News Online. “I want to carry the flag around the track and make my family and country proud. I will be seeking a place on the team, representing my country would mean a lot to me, and to my family.”
                    The phrase “my country” is a bit of a stretch, given that Best isn’t a citizen of Saint Lucia. His father, however, was born there. And Best has had a tattoo of the Caribbean island on his arm for several years.
                    Saint Lucia currently has two Olympic qualifiers. Best will need to run the 100 in 10.16 seconds or better to become the third. The St. Lucian National Championships are slated for June 25-26, but Best can qualify by meeting or beating the requisite time in any local meet.
                    On April 2, Best ran a 10.16-second 100-meter dash at the Arnie Robinson Invitational in San Diego.
                    Here’s hoping it works out for Best. His football career was cut short by chronic concussions issues, so it’s nice to see that he has another way to use his physical gifts. Many ultimately may see him use those gifts in Rio later this year.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• There are quite a few former Lions who went on to win Super Bowls for other teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                        There are quite a few former Lions who went on to win Super Bowls for other teams.
                        I would think [with other teams], would be more accurate.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nope, it was just them. :D
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Actually I'd almost like to see a list of the last decade or so. I am having a hard time thinking of to many players outside Redding that even went on to be backups at a Superbowl winner. Most of our best starters that left took starting jobs at shitty teams instead of backup jobs at winners and most of our backups were too shitty get past pre-season on most teams. Post '09 has probably changed that but not by much.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Cliff Avril.
                              Charlie Batch??
                              Waddle??

I am too lame to google it.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• The one that pisses me off the most is Mike Compton.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X