No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the 10 wealthiest counties in the country. Most of the high school kids drive nicer cars than I do. Land of the trophy wife. 10,000 sq ft houses everywhere you look. That kinda snooty. :-)

Tread slowly from the car to the spa
    Like a weary war-torn refugee
    Crossing the border with her starving child
    It's a struggle just to get to shiatsu.
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
      We put our house on the market this week. It was officially listed around 4pm Friday, and we had 4 showings yesterday and 2 today. There has already been a second showing, and it sounds like more than one buyer is interested in the house. I have my fingers crossed for a bidding war...stay tuned!!
      That is great Kay. We have had our house on the market for about a month, and haven't shown it yet. We have an open house on the 23rd and a realtor walk-through on the 25th. Keep your fingers crossed.
      AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
      2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
      3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
      4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
      5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
      6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
      7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
        That is great Kay. We have had our house on the market for about a month, and haven't shown it yet. We have an open house on the 23rd and a realtor walk-through on the 25th. Keep your fingers crossed.
        If your house has been on the market for a month and you haven't shown it, your asking price is too high.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Good luck Kay!

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
            One of the 10 wealthiest counties in the country. Most of the high school kids drive nicer cars than I do. Land of the trophy wife. 10,000 sq ft houses everywhere you look. That kinda snooty. :-)

Tread slowly from the car to the spa
            Like a weary war-torn refugee
            Crossing the border with her starving child
            It's a struggle just to get to shiatsu.

So what your saying is you live in a 10 thousand square foot house

Comment

• Haha, no, we live in the ghetto subdivision where people actually mow their own lawns and clean their own houses.

BTW, WE HAVE AN OFFER!!! And it is for the full asking price, they just want us to pay for a home warranty. Two more showings this afternoon - come on bidding war!!
              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Congrats Kay...Do you have a new home picked out already?

Comment

• Congrats Kay!

Comment

• Woo! That is great Kay!! Congrats!!
                    AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                    2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                    3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                    4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                    5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                    6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                    7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• UGH - what a day of extreme emotion swings. So the offer is for the full asking price, which is great, BUT they want to close 7/17. We countered that we wanted to close 7/31, as we haven't even started shopping for a new house yet (major sore spot for me, but hubby refused to look because he was sure that we wouldn't be able to sell and didn't want to get his hopes up). Well, as it turns out, the closing date is a deal breaker for them, as they do not want to have to go into temporary housing. SO, it looks like we are going to have to move into an apartment until we find a house. Which is very likely to cost more than our mortgage payment. And we went looking at houses tonight and they were all DIVES. And the decent listings are moving so fast that we will probably end up spending more than we planned, which makes this whole thing seem like a pretty dumb idea. SIGH - the gift of the magi!
                      Last edited by kayrone; June 17, 2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Islair, I hope your experience works out for the best!

Comment

• Kay,

Just spit-balling here but would doing a temp rental on an RV be an option to meet the 7/17 closing date for the buyers and allow y'all time to look for a new house?

Comment

• Not sure - we have a lot of research to do! I hadn't thought of an RV - that might be kinda fun!

Comment

• If you got such a great offer this soon could you risk letting the deal break and getting a little more prepped?
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Hope it works out Kay.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X