No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 7 could be a blowout for the Blackhawks. But I wouldn't bet on this game either way, im hoping the Wings surprise me and win a 3-2 type game.

Comment

• must be a wings fan

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Hossa and that punk Kane (I hate that kid) have really picked it up. When Kane has the puck its seems like its stuck to his stick, he has been gaining the Detroit zone and he either setting up shop or getting a good SOG. Dats and Z have to show up big time for any chance.

Comment

• L. A. looking strong up 2-0 over San Jose in game 7

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            What a bunch of fickle fuckers in this thread.
            The . cannot be made large enough.

I remember certain whiners calling for needed rebuilds and iirc, wanting the team to miss the layoffs so they didn't have to watch a meltdown.

I've said it before, there is a certain % of MI sports fans that are schizo.

Certifiably schizo.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I guess the fandom is better in SC. Bah, that's SOP for any sports fan. The Wings have a great shot in game 7. They have to get back to faceoff dominace, in those three games they made the Blackhawks look horrid. Come playoff time TV crews do a good job of emphasizing faceoff percentages but I don't think they successfully translate what that means. If you cleanly win faceoffs you get to dictate the action. The Wings did look a little out of sorts in the third period but I think some of that is the Blackhawk getting the faceoffs. You are going to look a little sleepy when you are on your heels after losing one.

Thats really something they have to tighten up.

Going forward no matter what happens in this series or in the playoffs the Wings need to find a Draper clone. He won faceoffs and he could defend the top centers. It would be nice for them to be able to free up Datsyuk or Zetterberg so that they don't have to mark Toews. Quenneville kept Toews away from Zetterberg in game 6, I wonder if he stays with that strategy.

Comment

• Time for Datsyuk and Zetterberg to step up. They've been invisible for the majority of this series. If the Wings want to win this game they need those two guys to lead the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
                  Time for Datsyuk and Zetterberg to step up. They've been invisible for the majority of this series. If the Wings want to win this game they need those two guys to lead the way.
                  Invisible for the majority of the series?

I don't think so.

Big mistake allowing the Hawks to smell a chance to win the series. They had two chances to shut them out and wiffed on both.

Before the series started I opined it would be Hawks in 6 or Wings in 7.

That was based on the premise that the Wings would have forced a game 7. I guess you could argue that by losing games 5 and 6 that they forced a game 7 but the inconsistant play has been their downfall all season long.

We shall see which team shows up tonight.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You could still be right...
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Invisible for the majority of the series?

I don't think so.

Big mistake allowing the Hawks to smell a chance to win the series. They had two chances to shut them out and wiffed on both.

Before the series started I opined it would be Hawks in 6 or Wings in 7.

That was based on the premise that the Wings would have forced a game 7. I guess you could argue that by losing games 5 and 6 that they forced a game 7 but the inconsistant play has been their downfall all season long.

We shall see which team shows up tonight.
                      They have 1 goal between the two of them, that's it. Datsyuk has 1 goal and 1 assist, Zetterberg has 3 assists. Sorry, but that's just not good enough from your star players. Zetterberg needs to find a way to get the puck in the net. No more excuses. Time for them to do something in this series.

Comment

• There is more than scoring goals or getting an assist to a game.

Both Dats and the captain have done an admirable job in keeping the Hawks hot shots under control. Mistakes on the back end allowed hot shots to get them some stat.

We need Franzen to wake up.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          There is more than scoring goals or getting an assist to a game.

Both Dats and the captain have done an admirable job in keeping the Hawks hot shots under control. Mistakes on the back end allowed hot shots to get them some stat.

We need Franzen to wake up.
                          No, that would be Howard. They Hawks stars have had their chances, the Howard has just made some great saves. I don't see that with Datysuk or Zetterberg. Every now and then I'll see a spark out of them, but it's not nearly enough. Maybe they are trying to be too cutesie with puck or something, I don't know. They just don't look that good to me.

BTW Franzen has been fine. He's got just as many points as Zetterberg except he has 1 goal and 2 assists.
                          Last edited by CaptainBlue; May 29, 2013, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Defensively Franzen has been bad and he doesn't have to mark the top Hawk players. Datsyuk and Zetterberg do. As long as your main job is to shadow Toews and Kane, your offense will suffer. Franzen doesn't have that burden. Franzen didn't bury that setup in the 3rd period last game. It was on the tape and he muffed it. So no, he hasn't been fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Defensively Franzen has been bad and he doesn't have to mark the top Hawk players. Datsyuk and Zetterberg do. As long as your main job is to shadow Toews and Kane, your offense will suffer. Franzen doesn't have that burden. Franzen didn't bury that setup in the 3rd period last game. It was on the tape and he muffed it. So no, he hasn't been fine.
                              Franzen isn't a superstar, nor a goal scorer. He shouldn't be counted on to score goals. That's Zetterberg and Datsyuk's job.

I'd be fine with Datsyuk and Zetterberg just shadowing Toews and Kane if it was working, but it's not. They've done a very poor job of it.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg really need to start scoring or Chicago is going to win tonight. We won the Anaheim series because an invisible Zetterberg finally showed up in those last two games.

Comment

• 1. Franzen is getting paid to score goals. He got huge 11 year contract precisely because of his playoff goals, I mean, have you watched the Wngs in the past? He was clueless on the second goal defensively. He's their power forward, he needs to be in front of the net scoring.

2. Yes, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are doing a great job on those guys. It is working, they are in this series because those guys have done a tremendous job defensively. Most of the series Toews has been a non factor because of Zetterberg. Toews did not score until game 5, he has a whopping 1 goal and 3 assists. You do realize this, right?

3. Its a novice mistake to say that either Zetterberg or Datsyuk have to score for them to win. Thats something talking heads play up. For the Wings to win, they need to play better defense. You don't need any other bullet point, they need to be better on their own end. They cannot be out of position. They have to be prepared to win a 1-0 game and the goal might come from some 4th liner.

Comment

Working...
                                X