Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from the INQUISITR:

Gilligan?s Island Remake Movie Will Wade Ashore In 2014

A Gilligan?s Island remake movie is already getting a cast in 2014, but the exact release date is still unknown.

As previously reported by The Inquisitr, Russell Johnson, the actor known best as Gilligan?s Island?s professor, has passed away at age 89.

Josh Gad is said to be both a writer and one of the stars in the new Gilligan?s Island movie, but no one is sure if he?ll be cast as the Skipper or Gilligan himself. The other castaways of the S.S. Minnow have yet to be cast, as well, but will somebody will have to fill the shoes of the Professor, Ginger, Mary Ann, and Mrs. and Mrs. Howell.

Caprice Crane, who is the daughter of Tina Louise, believes filling the role of her mother?s role as Ginger will be the most difficult decision:

?They?re going to have their work cut out for them finding someone who is as awesome and gorgeous and funny as my mom.?

And, while it?s probably very bad timing to be mentioning this, Caprice also believes the Gilligan?s Island remake should modernize itself by making the Professor gay:

?My mom was constantly coming on to the Professor on the show, and he was never into it. So the Professor could be the gay one. It would explain a lot. It would be fun if they shake it up, make it worthy of today?s times.?

The original Gilligan?s Island TV show aired for three seasons from 1964 to 1967. And it?s not like this will be the first Gilligan?s Island movie since there were several made-for-TV releases back in the 1970′s and 1980′s. But Josh Gad?s take on the show will be the first ever remake. Gad is famous for his role in the Book of Mormon and the recently released Frozen. He?ll also be writing the show with Benji Samit and Dan Hernandez. But the sons of Sherwood Schwartz, who produced the original TV show, will also be on the project as producers.

Hopefully, the spirit of the movie will be as Russell Johnson remembered it:

?Parents are happy to have their children watch it. No one gets hurt. No murders. No car crashes. Just good, plain, silly fun ? that?s the charm.?

There hasn?t been any word on when filming will begin and no release date has been announced
    "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• And, while it?s probably very bad timing to be mentioning this, Caprice also believes the Gilligan?s Island remake should modernize itself by making the Professor gay:
      You mean the original Professor wasn't gay?

Comment

• 11 of the Professor's Best Inventions on Gilligan's Island

Russell Johnson, the actor who portrayed Professor Roy Hinkley on Gilligan's Island, passed away on January 16 at the age of 89. In honor of the man who will forever live on in pop culture history as the person we'd most like to get trapped on a desert island with, here are 11 of the Professor's most fantastic inventions.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          11 of the Professor's Best Inventions on Gilligan's Island

http://mentalfloss.com/article/54580...lligans-island
          Thanks, I haven't seen Gilligans island in 30 years, but I remember the batteries coconut connection.

Please DO NOT remake the movie with the professor gay. If Mary Ann and Ginger wanna be lesbians.....well... ok

Comment

• LOL, Dan.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Mae Young died last week, here is an excellent tribute to her on last night's RAW.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYJDqYOFvTE"]Tribute to (in memory of) Mae Young - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Def Ginger...

I hope they don't f up the Gilligan's Island remake. It's hard to imagine them doing it justice in a 2 hour movie.

I still can't believe how bad they've done with GI Joe. It's been just shit.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  Def Ginger...

I hope they don't f up the Gilligan's Island remake. It's hard to imagine them doing it justice in a 2 hour movie.

I still can't believe how bad they've done with GI Joe. It's been just shit.
                  Are you kidding?

In 2 hours they can revisit all of the issues the old crew of the Minnow had to face as well as introduce a few new ones.

I would like to see Kate Upton cast as Ginger and would be OK if they left her hair blonde.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "I would like to see Kate Upton cast as Ginger and would be OK if they left her hair blonde."
                    -------------------------She plays Mary Anne. Nicole Kidman plays Ginger.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Nicole Kidman? yuck...They can do better than that

Comment

• Isla Fisher Or Angie Everheart for Ginger?

For Maryanne, someone young. Emmy Rossum?

Last edited by Tony G; January 22, 2014, 08:10 PM.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Those actresses are all too old, still sexy but the newer generation will never support it. If you want to draw the crowds, the actresses need to be younger.

So go with Karen Gillan for Ginger. She is even tall like Ginger.

for Mary Ann you nee a girl next door type with sex appeal...

Go with Jessica Alba

AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Mary Ann is a farm girl and needs the farm fresh look

Isla Fisher and Emmy Rossum are plenty young enough
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• yeah...wth?? Emmy Rossum is younger than Jessica Alba!!
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Karen Gillan is Scottish. Can she pull off an American accent? She is pretty and would do good otherwise

Comment

Working...
                                X