• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Awww, hi Sasha!!
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Good lookin' dog Frank. Being a car nut, I couldn't help but notice the door panel. Are you still driving a BMW?

Comment

• What a cutie!

I am sure she will bring many smiles into your days ahead.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
            Good lookin' dog Frank. Being a car nut, I couldn't help but notice the door panel. Are you still driving a BMW?
            Yep, still have the e38 I purchased before making the drive out here. It's pretty much our daily driver.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
              Good lookin' dog Frank. Being a car nut, I couldn't help but notice the door panel. Are you still driving a BMW?
              I picked up some Detroit steel over the summer.

For $500 it doesn't look bad, but no brakes and nearly rusted in half underneath. That's OK, because I got it for the 4.9 Litre Port Fuel Injection motor - which will be going into my little Pontiac Fiero sometime over this winter. And it has been amazing how many little things I've been able to use from it on my daughter's Buick. Hopefully that Buick and my Jimmy are painted by Christmas, and I can get on with building the fun car!
              Attached Files
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Haha! Nice wee dog there Frank. But looking at the photos, I'm thinking she was growing that hair!

Sasha in 2nd photo: Fkn bstd! Was growing that for the Nirvana concert tribute shows! BSTD!!
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                  Yep, still have the e38 I purchased before making the drive out here. It's pretty much our daily driver.
                  Nice! I have been tempted to buy a 7 series, but then I wonder how much more expensive it is to maintain?

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                    I picked up some Detroit steel over the summer.

For $500 it doesn't look bad, but no brakes and nearly rusted in half underneath. That's OK, because I got it for the 4.9 Litre Port Fuel Injection motor - which will be going into my little Pontiac Fiero sometime over this winter. And it has been amazing how many little things I've been able to use from it on my daughter's Buick. Hopefully that Buick and my Jimmy are painted by Christmas, and I can get on with building the fun car!
                    You remind me of the Road Kill show. That will be an impressive Fiero once you get it finished.

Comment

• It should be fun. Never taken on something quite this involved. Spent the last year restoring the fiero to stock. Just getting it running was a whole deal. Doing interior work, headlight motors, heating, all that kind of stuff. Currently, adding stock power windows and locks, and modern electic, heated, auto-dimming mirrors from that Cadillac to it. Will be adding a body computer (from something) to have keyless entry, retained accessory power after the key turns off, illuminated entry/exit, etc.

The 8 cylinder is going to make it a torque-y little guy. Then we will enter Road Kill mode, and the Ford GT kit car body will get wrapped around it.

Maybe Honalulu blue with two silver racing stripes?
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

It should be fun. Never taken on something quite this involved. Spent the last year restoring the fiero to stock. Just getting it running was a whole deal. Doing interior work, headlight motors, heating, all that kind of stuff. Currently, adding stock power windows and locks, and modern electic, heated, auto-dimming mirrors from that Cadillac to it. Will be adding a body computer (from something) to have keyless entry, retained accessory power after the key turns off, illuminated entry/exit, etc.

The 8 cylinder is going to make it a torque-y little guy. Then we will enter Road Kill mode, and the Ford GT kit car body will get wrapped around it.

Maybe Honalulu blue with two silver racing stripes?
                        Nice! I have spent a lot of time around cars, but I wouldn't attempt that one. I look forward to the pics. Is the Caddy motor going to sit sideways?

Comment

• Yes, caddy motor and caddy trans sideways in the rear. Spun 180-degrees from - Edit: Same as it's original front wheel drive orientation. Was thinking of a different Corvair setup. I have pretty much all of the components. Ordering custom motor and tranny mounts by xmas.

Last edited by dpatnod; October 24, 2016, 05:30 PM.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• In the end, hoping for something a bit like this.

You think a lions paint scheme might look cool? NO BLACK.
                            Attached Files
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• In the future, for halloween I am planning on bungee-cording a manequin to the front bumper in a Stafford uniform, as if I had just slammed into him, and driving around DWT's neighborhood burning out the tires.
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

In the future, for halloween I am planning on bungee-cording a manequin to the front bumper in a Stafford uniform, as if I had just slammed into him, and driving around DWT's neighborhood burning out the tires.
                                Put it on YouTube please.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X