Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suh is no Stafford.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
      Suh has underperformed at Miami

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Please explain how.

You've been repeating the same thing since he left, when in fact, his 1st year in MIA, he was performing at nearly the same level that got him paid as a prized FA. Meaning, not much has changed in his game that made him an All Pro. Actually, last year he had his 2nd best season next to his rookie year (that he's never matched) as far as total tackles with 61 and 5 passed defensed.

He averaged 7.2 sacks in DET. He got 6 in his 1st year down there.

Not buying what you're selling.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Suh played well last season, the team around him didn't. In related news, seems like some things never change about Ndamukong:

[ame]https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/788859816185884672[/ame]
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Whoa, that sure looked intentional.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yes it did.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• DEACON had the head slap, SUH has the leg whip/kick with subtlety.

All pros for a reason.

They get it done.

Comment

• Deacon had the Head Slap
                Suh has, in no particular order:
                ......The arm stomp
                ......The leg stomp
                ......The lameass kick to the shin
                ......The mule kick to the groin
                ......The cut block to the side of the knee
                ......The steer toss
                ......The forearm to the back of the head
                and quite a few others.

Comment

• I have no problem with that play.
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Got no problem with that play either, that is if Big Ben is secretly training for the Kumite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                      Suh played well last season, the team around him didn't. In related news, seems like some things never change about Ndamukong:

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/stat...59816185884672
                      Btw, watch that again and take note of that underperforming SUH guy lifting and pushing a quality NFL lineman in #66 DeCastro into the pocket 5 yards and continues to hold him off with one arm while he first kicks and then puts his other meat hook into Big Ben for the monster sack.

If you watch really close, you'll see him dick punch Ben and then a quick forced fumble attempt before just sacking him one handed. Big Ben never gets done like that.
                      Last edited by Panoptes; October 20, 2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Report: NFL asked to review Suh kick to Roethlisberger

10/20/2016 4:26:11 PM

The Steelers have filed a formal complaint with the NFL and asked the league to look into Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh kicking Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in his right knee late in the fourth quarter of Sunday?s game in Miami, Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Roethlisberger told teammates during the game Suh kicked him. A review of the play on NFL Game Pass confirms his suspicion. On a play late in the fourth quarter, Suh was being blocked by Steelers right guard David DeCastro. When Suh got close to Roethlisberger but did not have his hands free to sack him, he raised his leg and kicked Roethlisberger square in the knee.

?I?m not sure what he was thinking,? DeCastro said when asked about Suh?s kick. ?You?d have to ask him what he was thinking. I heard Ben saying he kicked me, but I didn?t really see it until we watched the film.?

Suh has a long history of dirty play. He was suspended for stomping on Aaron Rodgers during the 2014 season. He also stomped on the arm of Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith in 2011.

It is not known if the NFL fined Suh for his kick on Roethlisberger. The NFL releases fine information Friday afternoon.

Comment

• Suh did us a big favor by going to the AFC so we only have to face him once every 4 years.
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Cliff Avril named NFC defensive player of the month

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 3, 2016, 10:13 AM EDT
                            SEATTLE, WA - DECEMBER 20: Defensive end Cliff Avril #56 of the Seattle Seahawks looks from the bench near the end of the game against the Cleveland Browns at CenturyLink Field on December 20, 2015 in Seattle, Washington. (Photo by Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images)
                            Getty Images
                            The Seahawks don’t have a running game, or really an offense to speak of this season. So now more than ever, they’re relying on their defense.

And defensive end Cliff Avril has led the charge, and earned NFC defensive player of the month honors in the process.

Avril had 6.5 of his 7.5 sacks on the season in the last month, to go along with his three forced fumbles for the month. He was perhaps at his best in the 6-6 tie against the Cardinals, with 2.5 sacks that night alone.

While there have been a number of Seahawks on that side of the ball playing well (Bobby Wagner to name one), Avril has stood out with his ability to consistently pressure the passer.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I didn't realize Chicago had already cut Bell after 3, 4 games? I guess he just had a workout for the Packers and left without a gig.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh might be having his best season yet

?Is there anybody like Suh??

No, Cameron Wake, there is not.

And that?s why the Dolphins were comfortable handing Ndamukong Suh a six-year, $114 million contract in 2015, and surely the team remains that way some 20 months later.

Suh was unstoppable when the Dolphins needed him the most last Sunday. On the Jets? final drive, the star defensive tackle dropped running back Bilal Powell for a 1-yard gain and sacked Ryan Fitzpatrick on consecutive plays, single-handedly ending the drive and snuffing out any chance of a New York rally.

High above the field in the Dolphins? owners box, Stephen Ross must have been smiling.

The billionaire real estate mogul loves when an investment pays off. And it?s looking like Suh, whose Dolphins (4-4) face the Chargers (4-5) on Sunday in the first of back-to-back California road games, is starting to do just that.

In just eight games, Suh has recorded 37 tackles ? the most by any NFL defensive tackle. Five of those tackles came against the Jets, and each held New York to 2 or fewer yards. Here?s more: Suh is on pace for career-high nine sacks. No surprise, then, that Suh is the NFL?s fourth-ranked interior defensive lineman, according to Pro Football Focus.

Yes, Suh ? who?s midway through his seventh NFL season ? is expensive. His salary-cap figure jumps from $12.6 million in 2016 to $19.1 million in 2017 ? and he then gets really pricey. Suh could eat up more than an eighth of the team?s salary cap in both 2018 and 2019. He remains the league?s highest-paid defensive tackle by nearly $2 million a year.

But try to imagine where the Dolphins? defense would be without him this season. Safety Reshad Jones (shoulder) and linebacker Koa Misi (neck) are out for the season, and rookie cornerback Xavien Howard (knee) hasn?t played since September.

And yet, the Dolphins still rank in the top half of the league in yards per play allowed (5.5) and defensive scoring (22.8).

?I?m glad he?s on our team,? Dolphins coach Adam Gase said recently.

On another occasion, Gase described Suh?s season as ?unique.?

?I think it?s been pretty consistent as far as what he?s done over his career,? Gase said. ?When you have a guy that plays the position he plays and gets double- and triple-teamed as much as he does and still somehow finds a way to get through, it says a lot about him.?

Gase praised Suh?s work habits and knowledge of the defense.

?You talk about a guy that?s scheme-sound and does his job a lot ? he?s probably the guy that does it better than anybody,? Gase said.

About the only person who won?t praise Suh?s play this year? The man himself. He recently balked at a reporter?s request to grade his season.

When another asked whether he?s gunning for the first double-digit sack season of his career, Suh responded curtly: ?No. Whatever happens, happens.?

And after the Jets game, when Suh had arguably the most impactful series of his time in Miami, he was quick to praise his teammates. If Wake hadn?t sacked Fitzpatrick earlier in the game, Suh probably wouldn?t have been single-teamed on that final play, he said.

?I got my opportunity, and when I did, I?m without question going to make the most of it,? Suh said.

They?ll need more of the same Sunday. Much more. The Chargers are an offensive juggernaut. San Diego ranks third in scoring (29.8 per game), seventh in passing (271.3) and ninth in total offense (378).

Philip Rivers is among the top 10 NFL quarterbacks in passing (2,560 yards), touchdowns (17) and passer rating (96.2).

And running back Melvin Gordon is on a Jay Ajayi-like streak, averaging 117 rushing yards in his past four games. (OK, that?s a stretch; Ajayi is averaging an absurd 143 yards over that same period.)

?He?s a very, very tough and hard runner,? Suh said of Gordon. ?Young guy. Obviously he?s well-talented and we?ll have a big task on our hands.?

The same could be said for the Chargers. Just ask Cameron Wake.

Comment

Working...
                                X