No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isiah orchestrated trading for his buddy Aguirre. Sure there was a rationale behind the deal but it wasn't coincidence that they traded for one of Isiah's closest friends.

Comment

• Of course no coincidence. That was also right after Dantley refused to come out of a game. He had to go at that point. Trading for Aguirre made sense. Aguirre also matured while in Motown. He was the one who eventually went to Chuck and requested Rodman start and he come off the bench.

Comment

• He wasn't a shitbag in Dallas. Aguirre was a 3 time all star and averaged over 20 ppg every year there except his rookie year.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hell that was a STEAL of a trade. AD only played 2 more season. I have no idea why Dallas even made that move.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wasn't Aguirre considered a malcontent in Dallas? I thought his teammates were pretty happy once he was gone.

Comment

• Aguirre was considered a malcontent. Not everyone in Pistonsland was happy with that trade. I liked it, but I also liked AD. I did not know that AD had become a malcontent on the Pistons. Obviously it turned out completely favorable to Detroit.

Comment

• AD was a malcontent his entire career. Detroit was the best he ever got along with anyone by far.

He was averaging 30 a game in Utah and the Pistons got him for Kelly Tripucka and a bag of nachos. That does not happen in the NBA unless your team absolutely hates you.

Aguirre was a malcontent in Dallas for sure but unlike Dantley he was smart enough to understand he had to change his attitude if he wanted to be a part of something special. He was one of the league's best 6th men for a couple years after accepting his demotion in favor of Rodman. Dantley retired rather than hang on as a reserve.
                Last edited by Kstat; October 20, 2016, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                  OKC wasn't a playoff team without Durant 2 years ago.
                  True, but that oversimplifies things.

First, they won 45 games missed the playoffs due to a tie-breaker with New Orleans.

They also were without Westbrook for 15 games (he got hurt early in the 2nd game of the season and OKC went 4-11 without them both) & Ibaka for the last 18 games (going 10-8 w/o KD & Ibaka).

If you take the games where only Durant was missing (not including Game 2 where Russ left in the 1st quarter), the Thunder still went 31-18.

As for this year, OKC is still a good team, despite losing KD and trading Ibaka. They should vie for a playoff spot, if healthy.

Comment

• A more important topic is that of the 5th Annual tin mad dog OVER/UNDER Contest!

Click on this link and make your picks! You could win some fabulous original artwork.:-D

Last year's winner got a nice print of this creation:

[ame]https://twitter.com/JDSportsTweets/status/788032461854867459[/ame]

Comment

• oh wow.. def getting into it this year!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Cool!

It's a lot of fun and helps make the occasional mundane game potentially interesting.

Comment

• Lol, raiders of the lost arc. Made my day.

Comment

• Picks are due before tipoff next Wednesday!

Comment

• Udrih. There is your pg pick-up off of the scrap heap.

Comment

• Wow.. So basically he has to learn the system in 2 days before the opener? I've never even heard of this guy
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X