Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    MALTO........ Malta? VERY respectable game today v England at Wembley. 2-0 defeat.

But this is not why I post. A player on the bench had your surname, first name, Ryan. I know there will obviously be a lot of Maltese people with your name, but because your cousin is massively active in the soccer world, does he know Ryan?
    Funny you should mention that.

I was going to say the reason the Malts lost to the Hibs was there were no Sciclunas on the roster.

When I checked, I saw there was.

I can not tell you at the moment if my Soccer minded Cousins knows him or not but, would suggest keeping him on the bench decreases their chance to win. ;-)
    Last edited by Malto Marko; October 8, 2016, 04:06 PM.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Too bloody right...... Get all those Sciclunas on the field. In fact, could Scotland borrow a few Sciclunas?

After the depressing 1-1 draw last night, in Glasgow no less, against shitty Lithuania, I fear that will be the end of Scotland's hopes for Russia 18. Couid write the script for every qualification campaign; win against the decent countries, draw or lose to the less decent. Even when they qualify for the tournaments, same routine applies. Although that is fast becoming a distant memory.

1-1 v Lithuania :twisted:
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• OK, I'm sitting at the pub and there's a soccer game on the TV. Two of the regulars here are soccer fans.

I'm looking at the stands, and there's nobody sitting in the seats. Empty.

I ask wtf, and learn that apparently the fans are being punished for bad behavior. How pathetic and sickly paternalistic is that?

"You kids have been bad, no game for you! "

Even funnier: They're piping in crowd sounds on the broadcast. Not sure if it's actually being broadcast in the stadium.

It's got to be one of the dumbest things I've seen in sports.
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Soccer in a nutshell

Dumb
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Maybe not full scale "dumb" yet, but those refs are trying their best........, much like your own US Football. But at least it's not quite as dumb as Basketball or Baseball...., yet.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Maybe not full scale "dumb" yet, but those refs are trying their best........, much like your own US Football. But at least it's not quite as dumb as Basketball or Baseball...., yet.
              Go to a bar in Chicago this weekend and tell them how stupid baseball is.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Only if a few "soccer is dumb" folk come down Leith to the Hibs Club and proclaim it. They'll leave with limbs missing, ......, much like me in that Chicago bar, no doubt.

Am I not allowed to say on here, in this thread, that baseball and basketball are the most mindnumbingly fucking Shyte sports on the planet?

Comment

• M69, call it like ya see it. We're all just cranky because we have to choose between an egomaniac with a bad comb-over, stuffed into a suit...or...Donald Trump.
                  Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Haha!

It's ok though Trickalicious. Just feeling a little bit down. Just got back from my mate's funeral. He died after being hit on the head with a tennis ball. It was a lovely service.

Comment

Haha!

It's ok though Trickalicious. Just feeling a little bit down. Just got back from my mate's funeral. He died after being hit on the head with a tennis ball. It was a lovely service.
                      So it was the server's fault.
                      Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Well played Trick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                          So it was the server's fault.
                          Yes. I was joking. Did you get that I was joking? Sometimes I can't work you guys out. And vice versa i think!

Anyway, must go speak to the neighbour, he's just finished banging on my front door demanding I open up at this late hour. Ignorant bastard. Luckily I was still up playing my bagpipes.

Comment

• Haha!

Comment

• Haha!

Comment

• Bim, you could have saved a post by posting

Hahahaha!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X