No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More attacks from DWT, dynasties in pro football are not really common at all. The Steelers and the Packers of the 60s were dynasties and the 90's cowboys approached it. The Patriots are the closet of the last twenty years but they are more like the Niners and Washington. Multiple titles over lk g stretches of time.

But shooting for that standard when you are allegedly a fan of the worst team of the Super Bowl era is a fools errand. Dwt will be lucky to see 1 Super Bowl title.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      More attacks from DWT, dynasties in pro football are not really common at all. The Steelers and the Packers of the 60s were dynasties and the 90's cowboys approached it. The Patriots are the closet of the last twenty years but they are more like the Niners and Washington. Multiple titles over lk g stretches of time.

But shooting for that standard when you are allegedly a fan of the worst team of the Super Bowl era is a fools errand. Dwt will be lucky to see 1 Super Bowl title.
      That's because Matt Stafford is the QB.

Oh fk........, have I inadvertently joined the debate. I didn't mean to. I want the fk out. I WANT OUT.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Forum Glossary

Dynasty: A team other than the Detroit Lions. See also: competitor.

Elite QB: Someone else and I don't know. Anybody but Matt Stafford.

Fact: Anything DWT believes strongly to be true.

Progress: Doing something, even if it hurts your efforts to reach your goals. Examples:
        1.) Cut Matt Stafford without a viable option ready to go.
        2.) Trade Ziggy Ansah, Darius Slay, Theo Riddick and Golden Tate to get something while they still have 'value', and to avoid over-paying.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Oh fk........, have I inadvertently joined the debate. I didn't mean to. I want the fk out. I WANT OUT.
          Et, Tu, brother?
          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Marko69 is just being a contrarian Bawbag.
            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I know.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Too late, bitch. Yer stuck.

Now tell us how he'll never win a playoff game and why a hundred times, bawbag.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                  each year since Wilson entered the league and have made the playoffs 4 years in a row .
                  Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                  As long as Seattle can keep paying Wilson
                  Seattle's defense is thinning. Their running game took a recent hit, too. Really. But I will not talk about that. I'm just posting here so I don't get fined.

CBA does NOT effect the very few elite player that make a difference in the outcomes of game in the NFL.

Only about 8% of NFL players are elite, that is based on an analysis of the drafts over the last 30 years. 16% of draft picks do not make the league - therefore about 75% of all players in the NFL are just average. So every team has a bunch of average players and 3 or 4 elite players - over the long run it comes down to whose 3 or 4 elite players are better and if you have an elite QB, you are golden and stand a damn good chance of being a dynasty team.
                  EIEIO. EIEIO. I diddly-liddly love me some numbers! 32 starting quarterbacks. 8% are elite, eh? That is 2.56.
                  So (generously) three quarterbacks are elite currently in the nfl? And you will not be happy with anything less, right? Which of the three are YOU BRINGING IN?

And you are so sure you can get an 'elite, dynasty-leading qb' instantly if you just jettison #9 that no other move can bring you any hope for improvement, correct? Am I understanding this all correctly?

So what is your freaking deal? You want the Lions to try and get Russel Wilson? Is that the one who makes your heart pitter-patter? Is that what you are trying to say with all your dynasty / Seattle take talk? They (elite quarterbacks- like sister Manning) are so rare that, damn who the hell else you gonna try for? And damn, I think he just signed a multi-year contract! The top 8%, Bernie? That isn't in the current draft class. 3 or 4 elite players, huh. Shit maybe you can wrestle Wilson away from the chickens, but I am not so sure. Should be able to spot them 3 elite quarterbacks amongst the sea of JAGs, right? Like sore thumbs. SO WHO IS THAT? WHO DO YOU PUT IN THE STARTING POSITION?
                  Last edited by dpatnod; June 4, 2016, 12:33 AM.
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• Or..... 32 teams, 53 man roster = 1696 players.

8% of them are elite. 8% = 135.68

Not all quarterbacks. Starting quarterbacks are .03125 of the 53 positions available in the NFL team. Assuming the 'elite' standard is uniform across positions (proportionally 'elite' qb's, receivers, Barry Sanders, etc., ........PLAYERS), then the Elite quarterback in the NFL this year is the 0.000976525% sure bet, so....... you want to go with who?....... Who is that?

Deadly serious dwt. Take us to the promised land. How does it happen?

I am sure if Kellen Moore shat butterflies and pissed rainbows that he could have beat out MS.
                    I am sure if Kellen Moore shat butterflies and pissed rainbows that he could have beat out MS.
                    Last edited by dpatnod; June 4, 2016, 12:21 AM.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                      Or..... 32 teams, 53 man roster = 1696 players.

8% of them are elite. 8% = 135.68

Not all quarterbacks. Starting quarterbacks are .03125 of the 53 positions available in the NFL team. Assuming the 'elite' standard is uniform across positions (proportionally 'elite' qb's, receivers, Barry Sanders, etc., ........PLAYERS), then the Elite quarterback in the NFL this year is the 0.000976525% sure bet, so....... you want to go with who?....... Who is that?

Deadly serious dwt. Take us to the promised land. How does it happen?

Not Stafford. BTW, if you actually got your head out of your ass, and a actually looked at real analysis, you will notice that the elite are NOT uniformly spread across all position, as a matter of fact, the QB position DOMINATES that sector.

Comment

• Maybe you guys should go play chess.

2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                          That is the definition of the term I am familiar with.

Maybe we need a glossary thread to define terms.
                          There is no agreed upon definition of a dynasty

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            None of those teams would be considered "dynasties" in the way they are traditionally defined, and you know it.

No one calls the Buffalo Bills of the 90's a dynasty. Just making it to the Super Bowl isn't good enough. Conference championships? Not good enough either. To be a dynasty, you need to win the Lombardi trophy frequently.
                            Well, all those teams have won Lombardi trophies, and Seattle isn't done.

Comment

• Chem, what exactly are the odds of a team even getting to 4 straight Super Bowls? The only thing that it could be lower than is the Lions getting to one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                                Chem, what exactly are the odds of a team even getting to 4 straight Super Bowls? The only thing that it could be lower than is the Lions getting to one.
                                Extremely rare, considering that it's only happened once if I recall correctly.

Doesn't change the fact that if you tried talking about the Buffalo Bills dynasty, you'd get pretty much uniform laughter in response.

Comment

Working...
                                X