No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anything new in 13? Hell, I'm not even using all the 10 shortcuts I can.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Of course there are new things, but I've really only used Outlook so far.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• But tweaks rather than major changes? (i.e when The Ribbon showed up the first time)
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The ribbon is still there, but it's flattened a bit. No paradigm shifts this time.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Screenshot from Word (window resized down a bit to save screen real estate):
            Attached Files
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ok, my coworkers will not have to go into a panic induced state of shock over that. Therefore my life will be simpler

Comment

• Question for the AV club.

I recently cancelled cable and went to streaming video service. But I can't get any over the air stations on my tv. It's a relatively new (less than 1.5 years) but it won't pick up a station. Any ideas?
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  Question for the AV club.

I recently cancelled cable and went to streaming video service. But I can't get any over the air stations on my tv. It's a relatively new (less than 1.5 years) but it won't pick up a station. Any ideas?
                  Do you have an analog to digital convertor box or an HDTV antennae?
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Nope. But shouldn't a new tv pick it up automatically?

Comment

Nope. But shouldn't a new tv pick it up automatically?
                      No you need to get an HD antenna (built in antennas died 10+ years ago) preferably a powered one. You should then pickup a dozen or so channels with some of them having an hd and sd version.

Also you need your tv to scan the channels for it to unlock them.
                      Last edited by Topweasel; February 2, 2013, 10:13 AM.
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• groundhog tech

Comment

• Ugh. There's no other option? I don't want an antenna

Comment

Ugh. There's no other option? I don't want an antenna
                            My HD antennae works well here, near LA.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• so I am thinking about buying a new TV. would it be best to buy it now or after the Superbowl?

I have a feeling that there will be many people returning the TVs after tomorrow so maybe I can get a better deal on a return TV.
                              Not only man to man.......but as fact.
                              (AAL) 2011 - Tony Scheffler

Comment

• Originally posted by akavana View Post
                                so I am thinking about buying a new TV. would it be best to buy it now or after the Superbowl?

I have a feeling that there will be many people returning the TVs after tomorrow so maybe I can get a better deal on a return TV.
                                Yeah if you don't mind open box products. Just after Christmas and the SB are the best times to get a TV.
                                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Working...
                                X