Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy Ryan has passed.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter [ame="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/747763777928454145"]26m26 minutes ago[/ame] Sad day continues: Former NFL head coach and defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan died Tuesday, according to his agent James Solano. He was 82.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• (CNN)Pat Summitt, who built the University of Tennessee's Lady Volunteers into a perennial power on the way to becoming the winningest coach in the history of major college basketball, died Tuesday.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ya, and she was only 64!

Comment

• Diagnosed with Alzhiemer's 5 years ago.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Detroit's Sir Mack Rice, 'Mustang Sally' writer, dead at 82
            Brian McCollum, Detroit Free Press Pop Music Critic 12:46 a.m. EDT June 28, 2016
            636026702860552718-DFPC54807.jpgBuy Photo
            (Photo: Atco Records/Free Press archives)
            Detroit soul stalwart Sir Mack Rice, who wrote “Mustang Sally,” “Respect Yourself” and other enduring R&B hits, died Monday in metro Detroit. He was 82.

A onetime member of the Detroit group the Falcons in the late ‘50s and early ‘60s — featuring longtime friend and future solo star Wilson Pickett — the Mississippi-born Rice went on to make his name primarily as a songwriter, funneling tunes to artists associated with Memphis’ Stax Records.

“Mustang Sally” was the best known among them: Originally called “Mustang Mama,” a title later tweaked at the urging of Aretha Franklin, the song was recorded by Rice and hit No. 15 on the R&B charts in 1965. A year later, Pickett’s cover version took off and became the song’s signature interpretation.

“Respect Yourself” became a hit for the Staple Singers in 1971 (and Bruce Willis in 1987), while other Rice tunes were picked up by artists such as Johnnie Taylor (“Cheaper to Keep Her”), Rufus Thomas (“Do the Funky Penguin Part 1”) and Albert King (“Cadillac Assembly Line”).

A long-forgotten 1964 composition, “Detroit, Michigan,” was covered by Kid Rock on the 2012 album “Rebel Soul,” and performed by Rock at halftime of that year’s nationally televised Detroit Lions Thanksgiving game.

"It was a tribute to Detroit's women," Rice told the Free Press at the time. "Our beautiful girls."

In his later years, Rice put together a band of Detroit-area musicians and became a regular at local festivals and events such as the Woodward Dream Cruise. He moved from Detroit to Bloomfield Hills in 2011.

Rice died of complications from Alzheimer’s disease, Memphis paper the Commercial Appeal reported Monday night.

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/QOQE41oeHaY[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                Buddy Ryan has passed.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26m26 minutes ago Sad day continues: Former NFL head coach and defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan died Tuesday, according to his agent James Solano. He was 82.
                At least he won't have to endure the pain of watching his sons coach anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  No, we are cursed with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Oh wow
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well RIP Buddy Ryan! You will be missed!
                      Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• RIP Buddy.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Noel Neill, the original Lois Lane on the Superman Tv series passed away
                          AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Carl Haas, Car Racing Team owner

AAL Quintez Cephus
                            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Guess it's only fitting as "Chuck Cunningham" I announce Gary Marshall has died.
                              AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Played a big role in my childhood. Loved his shows. RIP Mr. Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                                X