X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
    The Trunion; Your Future Lions News Source
    Kansas City, MO, Mar 1, 2017

When asked about his All Pro season and being the only shining star on an otherwise dreadful offensive line, Travis Swanson couldn't credit his strength and conditioning coach enough. "Dom has always been a father figure to me. When he came in at the beginning of the year, I was down to one fan from Cali. He changed that by taking me into his home and teaching me the finer points of the position." Certainly, Dominic Raiola started the soon to be pro bowler on a regimen of gym candy before drilling him on all pointing techniques. "Once Travis figured out the index finger was for turning linebackers into steamrollers and the middle finger was for an unappreciative home crowd, all we really had to do was work on his cleavage", said Raiola. Jim Caldwell expressed his amazement and gratitude for the work the mighty Dom had accomplished. When asked of the turn around in his young center's performance; Did you foresee this sort of improvement for Travis when you learned of Raiola's return? "Who?", said Caldwell. Do you feel Travis will be a leader on and off the field like his mentor? "Huh?" Caldwell exclaimed after a thoughtful gaze toward the omelet station.

With this sort of ringing endorsement, it's no wonder Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, snatched Raiola for his offensive line coach. "This is only the beginning. The only thing better than signing up for the three London games next season and getting that Chinese cleat deal finally signed, is knowing that we are going into battle led by Dom the Bomb." The Chiefs have expressed their interest in seeing Raiola move up sooner than later to take on more responsibility. Detroit is expected to pen a deal for Raiola's replacement by next Tuesday. Jeff Backus is by far the favorite candidate according to Caldwell who wouldn't comment on the situation further, exclaiming, "More thigh oil Mrs. F?"

By the way, posting this gif made me think of Niffla. Where'd he get off to?
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
      The Trunion; Your Future Lions News Source
      Kansas City, MO, Mar 1, 2017

When asked about his All Pro season and being the only shining star on an otherwise dreadful offensive line, Travis Swanson couldn't credit his strength and conditioning coach enough. "Dom has always been a father figure to me. When he came in at the beginning of the year, I was down to one fan from Cali. He changed that by taking me into his home and teaching me the finer points of the position." Certainly, Dominic Raiola started the soon to be pro bowler on a regimen of gym candy before drilling him on all pointing techniques. "Once Travis figured out the index finger was for turning linebackers into steamrollers and the middle finger was for an unappreciative home crowd, all we really had to do was work on his cleavage", said Raiola. Jim Caldwell expressed his amazement and gratitude for the work the mighty Dom had accomplished. When asked of the turn around in his young center's performance; Did you foresee this sort of improvement for Travis when you learned of Raiola's return? "Who?", said Caldwell. Do you feel Travis will be a leader on and off the field like his mentor? "Huh?" Caldwell exclaimed after a thoughtful gaze toward the omelet station.

With this sort of ringing endorsement, it's no wonder Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, snatched Raiola for his offensive line coach. "This is only the beginning. The only thing better than signing up for the three London games next season and getting that Chinese cleat deal finally signed, is knowing that we are going into battle led by Dom the Bomb." The Chiefs have expressed their interest in seeing Raiola move up sooner than later to take on more responsibility. Detroit is expected to pen a deal for Raiola's replacement by next Tuesday. Jeff Backus is by far the favorite candidate according to Caldwell who wouldn't comment on the situation further, exclaiming, "More thigh oil Mrs. F?"
      Well done Trick! Poster of the decade there folks!

IF THAT^^^^ DOESN'T GET A RESPONSE FROM GONZ... HE GONE
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Former NFL quarterback David Carr calls Matthew Stafford most underrated quarterback

We are deep into the NFL’s offseason, which means one thing: lists. But it’s not just our PODcast that is starting to rank players, and it isn’t all a Detroit Lions slam-fest by Pro Football Focus. No, some outlets are actually paying the Lions compliments.

Take, for example, former NFL quarterback David Carr. Carr had a small segment for "NFL Now" on who he believed were the three most underrated quarterbacks in the league. He chose his brother, Derek Carr, at No. 3 and placed Philip Rivers at 2. But it was Matthew Stafford who topped the list.

Here’s what Carr had to say about the Lions quarterback:
        "He’s done a great job, even towards the end of last year, was playing as good as any quarterback in the league. Has every throw in the book. The guy can throw from all angles, he can move around, he’s sneaky athletic, he’s got a laser rocket arm, as they like to say. So Matthew Stafford is my No. 1 most underrated quarterback. Watch out for the Lions this year."
        How much a quarterback is underrated is a tough unit to measure. In terms of finances, Stafford will be paid the sixth most of any quarterback in 2016, meaning the Lions value him quite a bit. However, when looking at the average salary per year in his current contract, Stafford falls all the way to 17th.

If you’re talking about overall perception of Stafford, that’s a different story. Going into last season, Stafford was considered a middle-of-the-road quarterback. Depending on your power ranking source, Stafford landed anywhere between the 10th best and 20th best quarterback in the league. Most opinions had the quarterback ranked around 13th or 14th in the league.

So how does that compare to Stafford’s actual output? Well, of course, that depends on what measurement you prefer to use. Last season, by using Football Outsiders’ DVOA and DYAR statistics, Stafford ranked 10th and ninth respectively. By QBR, he was 14th. By passer rating, he was ninth.

So by most measures, Stafford was between 10th and 14th in the league. His average salary lands him at 17th in the league, and the general perception of him going into last season was a mid-tier quarterback ranked about 14th. In other words, Stafford does appear to be underrated, but not by all that much.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
          Actually, that's not true. I believe that Stafford is not the answer, that's been proven......so try somebody else, maybe that person won't be it either, but without trying you're guaranteeing yourself no chance.
          Who were you thinking of trying? Ouiji board it?

How about Adam Sandler? I think he's got some reps.
          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Brady might be available since he is out for 1/4 of the season next year and there is a connection with the FO.

Straight up. Stafford for Brady.

It would be the Lions way.
            Last edited by Malto Marko; July 14, 2016, 11:37 PM.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQughSDZ8-I"]Matthew Stafford Highlights 2015 HD - YouTube[/ame]

Let's fucking go. Shit, Kick the ball.

Every hit on CJ hurts to see now. And he was a good bit of MS's greatest hits. Lots of nice one's not to #81 there.

Really hope Riddick is the hidden diamond he seems.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Riddick is key. His ability to make defenders miss gives hope for big plays this season. He isn't a secret anymore however.
                ------------
                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Most of the highlights were when he had some time. If he has time, we have a chance against anyone.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I believe that every year. I hope he has better success this year.

The Lions added offensive line help. He has above average pass catchers with impressive YAC. Same coordinator. What will the excuses be this year?

Comment

• Well, O-lines can't be truly trained individually or as a unit until they put pads on so they basically have 3-4 weeks to mesh that together. It is a complaint going around the league the last couple of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMP View Post
                        I believe that every year. I hope he has better success this year.

The Lions added offensive line help. He has above average pass catchers with impressive YAC. Same coordinator. What will the excuses be this year?
                        Distractions by the cheerleaders.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• This article has some good points. Especially his last one copied in below.

Detroit Lions fans reality check

Lions should trade Stafford

For the millionth time, I am addressing this. I blame a couple jack wagons at a certain radio station for using this as their go-to ratings bait. I'll repeat myself again. Trading Matthew Stafford is dumb and will solve none of the problems that so many magically think it will. There are no starting quarterbacks waiting in unicorn land for the Lions to call, and there hasn't been a solid quarterback to come out of the draft since Cam Newton. That includes Andrew Luck, too.

If you don't like Stafford, unfortunately for you, you'll have to suck it up and deal with it. Because the Lions won't trade him to Houston, they won't trade him in a boat, they won't trade him near a moat. They won't trade him for green eggs and ham, they won't trade him for Sam I Am.

So there you have it. Just to be clear, outside of the Stafford thing, there are great chances that some of this works out just fine and everyone is happy. But just in case, I urge all fans to be cautiously optimistic about the season, just as I do every season. That way if you're wrong, it won't hurt as much. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong in the comments section or come yell at me on Twitter @POD_Payton.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• During Wednesday's ESPY awards, Lions fans were treated to an unpleasant memory, and Eric Ebron was having none of it.

Did you know that Matthew Stafford's real first name is John? A lot of his teammates had no idea. Their reaction to learning that and other facts about their teammates is incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              Distractions by the cheerleaders.
                              Forgot that one.

Comment

• Greatness is not achieved in leisure, but under duress, and strife. Stafford has done some of that at end of meaningless games, he needs to do it regularly during all times in games not just late.

Comment

Working...
                                X