U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
    Cleveland wishes their sports teams were as good as ours.
    Yep.

We still have the ol' stand by that we can always throw at a trash talking Cleveland fan.

"Sure, but your city has never won a sports championship in your life time"

Shut them down every time. Ha!
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If your going to include Sparty with metro Detroit sports would you include Ohio State football with cleveland?

Comment

• Nope. When I talk championships, I'm talking pro sport (at least for this purpose) ;)
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Don't tell Cleveland that. They love Urban Meyer..... well like a King, him and James chest bummed at center court. Even let Urbz pumps up Cavaliers crowd on the mic the other night.

Comment

• Columbus is 140 miles from Cleveland. OSU is not in part of that city when claiming championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Columbus is 140 miles from Cleveland. OSU is not in part of that city when claiming championships.
              It's not like East Lansing is a stone's throw away from Detroit, ya know.

Just sayin' for the sake of this argument, let's sacrifice Sparty so that Clevelanders have nothing to potentially hang their hat on. Don't give them any slack here.

We don't need the Spartans to make our point.

Comment

• For the purposes of this argument, I don't claim Sparty or UM. I claim Detroit Professional teams. In my lifetime I have seen the Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings win championships.

In Cleveland there is no claim to a professional championship during that time.

It is a shutdown argument when talking sports trash with a Cleveland fan.

If they bring up the Bucknuts I usually discount of it out of hand by letting them know that a team that is based 150 miles from the city doesn't count, and it's just fucking college anyway so who gives a shit.

It usually pisses them off, but they can't argue it, really.

BTW, I lived in Cleveland for a few years and have used this argument more than a few times. I try not to use it unless I have to because it is kind of cold, but all is fair in love and trash talk...

Comment

• "BTW, I lived in Cleveland for a few years......................................"
                  --------------------------------Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww Did you get all the
                  cooties off?
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                    "BTW, I lived in Cleveland for a few years......................................"
                    --------------------------------Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww Did you get all the
                    cooties off?
                    Ha! It wasn't bad. I met some good people and had a pretty good time over all

Comment

• I end up liking most Cleveland/Ohio St fans probably because we have much in common. I'm even friends with a former Buckeye football player that I met in the Air Force. He was from Toledo. He is still very good friends with Pepper Johnson.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        For the purposes of this argument, I don't claim Sparty or UM. I claim Detroit Professional teams. In my lifetime I have seen the Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings win championships.

In Cleveland there is no claim to a professional championship during that time.

It is a shutdown argument when talking sports trash with a Cleveland fan.

If they bring up the Bucknuts I usually discount of it out of hand by letting them know that a team that is based 150 miles from the city doesn't count, and it's just fucking college anyway so who gives a shit.

It usually pisses them off, but they can't argue it, really.

BTW, I lived in Cleveland for a few years and have used this argument more than a few times. I try not to use it unless I have to because it is kind of cold, but all is fair in love and trash talk...
                        But the Browns and Lions owned the NFL in 50's just because your too young to remember the good ole days doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                        "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
                        Colin Powell

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsNC View Post
                          But the Browns and Lions owned the NFL in 50's just because your too young to remember the good ole days doesn't mean it didn't happen.

That may be true, but that has nothing to do with the fact that most Cleveland fans have never seen a professional sports championship.

It is a trash talk shut down.

Comment

• I'm just kidding even I'm not old enough to remember the Lions winning championships.

"Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
                            Colin Powell

Comment

• My son Zach was up north with some friends for the 4th. They went to Torch Lake. They ran into Jabrill Peppers and some other former UM and MSU stars on the sand bar. Pretty cool. He's got a picture with Jabrill.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X