• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic won gold in 92, right?
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• great swimmer, greatest QB, greatest actor (well atleast he is a fan lol), Michigan has everything

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• fair ranking for Michigan, I really hope they beat Alabama, that would put them in the top 5 by week 2 ... Michigan @ Purdue is early in the season, I want to see a top 3 ranked Michigan vs my Purdue team! will be entertaining game to be at if Michigan is highly ranked.

and I'm betting on USC to win the National Championship, best QB in college football.

Michigan football team ranked No. 8 in initial USA Today Coaches Poll
        The Michigan football team will begin the 2012 season in the top 10. The Wolverines came in at No. 8 in the initial USA Today Coaches Poll, which was released for the first time Thursday.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Michigan isn't coming close to beating the Crimson Tide. They'll be lucky if they lose by less than two touchdowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            Michigan isn't coming close to beating the Crimson Tide. They'll be lucky if they lose by less than two touchdowns.
            I think that you are correct.

I also think Michigan is ranked way too high.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They're Michigan coming off an 11-win season.

I'm amazed they aren't ranked HIGHER. Guess the winged helmet HAS lost a little of its luster in the eyes of the pollsters.

Comment

• Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                  Not really... well, kinda.

It's pretty much a polling habit that if a "prominent" school (like a Michigan or Notre Dame, for example) shows ANYTHING the previous year, they're going to get a huge benefit of the doubt in the pre-season polls the next year.

A pretty good example was in 2006, with the Fighting Irish, having gone 9-3 the previous year (and getting smoked by OSU in their bowl game at that), they somehow had shown enough to be the #2 or #3 ranked team in the country that following pre-season.

I happen to particularly remember that year because it was the year that ND was #2 with U-M coming into South Bend, then promptly getting bent over and abused by the Wolverines like the field had turned into a prison shower.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    then promptly getting bent over and abused by the Wolverines like the field had turned into a prison shower.
                    hahahahaha
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I got no problem with celebrating a U-M swimmer that actually... ya know... SWAM for U-M.

Comment

• Instead of a guy who went there and helped coach? Gotcha. He doesn't count. I suppose he didn't improve his swimmer there either.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                          Instead of a guy who went there and helped coach? Gotcha. He doesn't count. I suppose he didn't improve his swimmer there either.
                          I dunno.

Phelps would have went to Ohio State if he thought they had the best facilities. U-M was a means to an end. I guess you can be proud that U-M is a great school that encourages that sort of talent... but it seems kinda cheap to "GO BLUE!" for someone who never actually competed for the school in any way. Yes, you're right. Yes, he was a student at U-M. So, I guess you're not wrong. There's that.

But it's like if a carpenter asks to use your tools, and then builds a masterpiece. I mean, sure... I guess you can say, "My tools made that." Sure, you're right...

Problem is everyone else is gonna look at you and say, "Really? Because the only tool we see here... is you."

Clary was obviously invested in the University of Michigan to the point that he actually competed for the Maize and Blue. Maybe there was a restriction on Phelps that prevented him from doing so, and he would have otherwise; but I've heard of no such thing. It sounded to me that he went there to use the facilities and improve his own talents independent of the school.

Go Blue, I guess.
                          Last edited by chemiclord; August 3, 2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• 21!

Comment

• Here's another thing for our visitors (that love to poo-poo and cry about things) to poo-poo and cry about.

A nice write up about the program and Coach Beilein:

Comment

Working...
                              X