No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let us know how well that T620 works please. It looks pretty cool.

Comment

• I moved from the preview to the final Win8 release on my Ultrabook Saturday but am using Win7 on my desktop with the mouse. Works really well on Win7. Should make navigating in Win8 a bit less painful. I want to clean up my desktop before I do the upgrade.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• We picked up a 7" Android tablet for my four year old this week. These things are getting pretty cheap, and there's so much great educational stuff for a kid out there.

For less than $100, that's a great little piece of technology..
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• My son, who's 2 1/2, probably uses the ipad I got for my wife a couple years ago more than anyone. He can navigate around to the apps I got for him or watch youtube. His grandpa here in Japan is amazed as he has no idea how to use it.

I just think it's crazy to think kids my son's age will really have no idea what a "non-touch" screen is, because everything is going that way. Technology is so cool!
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• My now 15 year old son came home from kindergarten and told me all about the thing his teacher had that had big black CDs that went around in circles and music came out.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And to think your grandkids probably won't even know what CDs are, CG.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Yep CDs are pretty much obsolete already

It's kind of come full circle. My son dug my old turntable out of the attic along with all of my old albums. He's getting into my old blues and is now buying all of his music on vinyl...

He's buying some pretty good stuff, too. Black Keys, Dead Weather and other Jack White stuff...

It brings a tear to the old man's eye...
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I still buy CDs if at all possible. I'd rather rip them than download.

Comment

• I like actually handling the CD. It doesn't seem right to do it all electronically.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I still buy CDs if at all possible. I'd rather rip them than download.

When I'm older, grayer and even more hard of hearing, I will break out my thousands of CDs and listen until the bed sores bring me help. I will enjoy reading the liners as well, with my page magnifier.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

When I'm older, grayer and even more hard of hearing, I will break out my thousands of CDs and listen until the bed sores bring me help. I will enjoy reading the liners as well, with my page magnifier.

So you're talking in the next year or two, eh?
                        "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• I prefer cd's as well, but they are going the way of the dodo unless you are willing to order online and wait. In most retail outlets, they are a loss leader and selection has been steadily shrinking.....
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Deb - I'll be curious to know your thoughts about 8 after you upgrade. From a non-touchscreen desktop/laptop perspective, I don't see the killer feature(s) that would be incentive to upgrade from 7 to 8.
                            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Yeah you can't find many places that have any sort of selection of CDs.

Comment

• I sooo loved CD's back in the day, but I'm really over them. They piss me off when they skip, and I hate having to go through big wallets full of them in my truck, so I wind up driving around with the same six CDs for months on end.
                                The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

Working...
                                X