OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Impact - Steven Speilberg.
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Kind of a random topic but does anyone here shop on Etsy? It's like an Ebay for art, pretty interesting stuff. I'm following a guy who makes art out of raw beef. lol. He forms them into weird shapes and sells photographic prints of them I believe. There's tons of cool stuff though.
      I recently opened my own store on there, as a big hobby of mine is photography. I have a lot of pictures on my store taken here locally in Michigan, specifically the Traverse City area. So if interested in a photographic print from a fellow Lions diehard, hit up my store: www.etsy.com/shop/eyealivecreations ... if you like what you see please pass the word on

And yea Philae landing on the comet is nuts. It's amazing the capacity of humans for seemingly impossible, nature defying feats, but for incredibly rampant stupidity at the same time. Here's hoping for the continued advancement of space exploration. I love that shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by T8key0medic1ne View Post
        Kind of a random topic but does anyone here shop on Etsy? It's like an Ebay for art, pretty interesting stuff. I'm following a guy who makes art out of raw beef. lol. He forms them into weird shapes and sells photographic prints of them I believe. There's tons of cool stuff though.
        I recently opened my own store on there, as a big hobby of mine is photography. I have a lot of pictures on my store taken here locally in Michigan, specifically the Traverse City area. So if interested in a photographic print from a fellow Lions diehard, hit up my store: www.etsy.com/shop/eyealivecreations ... if you like what you see please pass the word on

And yea Philae landing on the comet is nuts. It's amazing the capacity of humans for seemingly impossible, nature defying feats, but for incredibly rampant stupidity at the same time. Here's hoping for the continued advancement of space exploration. I love that shit.
        Look what the pussycats dragged in.

Congrats on following your passion and opening a store to make a go of it professionally.

GONZ
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          Look what the pussycats dragged in.

Congrats on following your passion and opening a store to make a go of it professionally.

GONZ
          lol thanks fellow Chiefs fan and rock n roller. I'm at least trying to generate a little side money for myself while I work full time, definitely is an engaging side project. Let's me itch that creative urge I have. The busier the better for me. And though I don't post here to regularly, I do pop in pretty much daily. I love this forum haha. Nothing like it.

Comment

• Good to hear / see ur regularly lurking

I watch for ur occasional VJ input in the music thread

Comment

• Some good deals over here for Windows tablets now, apparently MS are not charging manufacturers for the OS if it's for a tablet. Just got a nice 10.1" tablet running full 8.1 touchscreen with a keyboard case for ?179.99, shop I got it from gave ?20.00 back in vouchers so ?159.99 PLUS the tablet company are giving ?50.00 for any trade in of 7" and above tablets if they are still working and in good condition, so traded in my sons old Samsung Galaxy tab 2 that he no longer uses so ?109.99 ($172). Also has 1 year Office365.

Really pleased with it so far, streams Gamepass great.

I'm guessing it's similar in the States too?
              AAL Quintez Cephus
              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Those surface tablets are a very nice, solid piece of hardware. I love how the power cord connects magnetically, to prevent plug and port wear that afflicts just about everything USB
                The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• I like my Surface Pro. Nice quick StartUp.

I don't like Win8.

That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                    Those surface tablets are a very nice, solid piece of hardware. I love how the power cord connects magnetically, to prevent plug and port wear that afflicts just about everything USB
                    I would love to get a Surface but can't justify it yet. :( Your comment about USB reminded me of this:
                    Attached Files
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• heh - my last laptop had a USB port that I used every day for the several years that I owned it. At one point, the plastic "guide" (the white part in the picture) broke off and it was a mess of metal contacts hanging around in there.

From that point on, if you accidentally stuck anything in that plug, it'd send a short that shut down the PC immediately. Fortunately it didn't fry the board.
                      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• New Samsung Galaxy Note Edge in hand since Tuesday night.

Finally all set up again.

Looks and handles great. Let's see what this thing can do now.

Comment

• That's an interesting phone, G. Just read an article about how difficult it is to use for those who are left-handed.

I just passed the two year mark with my current phone (a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone). I don't think I've ever had a phone I was happy with for so long before.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Read that as well. Doesn't affect me.

This forum is not recognized by Tapatalk.

How did others find us to hook up the link?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              That's an interesting phone, G. Just read an article about how difficult it is to use for those who are left-handed.

I just passed the two year mark with my current phone (a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone). I don't think I've ever had a phone I was happy with for so long before.
                              My 928 for almost half a year has had a separation issue between the speaker and the port that makes it nearly impossible to hear people some times. Outside that everything has been gravy. But it's a big enough problem that it makes me want to get the HTC M8 or try to hold out for the next big Lumia for Verizon.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• After having a Nokia, don't think I could ever return to HTC. Nokia was always creating their own updates that would expand functionality...haven't really heard of any other manufacturer doing that (for WP). Not to mention all the apps that are Lumia-specific.

I'm also waiting on the next bigger Lumia, but for ATT.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X