No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more game and the Devin Gardner era will be over. Maybe the Hoke era too.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• U of M thread (in the Lions Forum)

Gardner is pathetic
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
        Is Buffalo Wild Wings the stupidest, cheesiest, doucheiest commercials, or what?
        Yep it's real bad. Almost as bad as that pastrami subway commercial.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
          One more game and the Devin Gardner era will be over. Maybe the Hoke era too.
          I don't think there is any question the Hoke era will be over.

He is out of his element. Obviously, he was not the first choice when the job became available but, I don't think anyone can make an argument he was the right choice.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
            Gardner is pathetic
            Never was a D1 QB never will be. He's a non-QB football player playing the QB position. Turnover machine.

Comment

• He and Funchess would have made an awesome receiving duo though.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• There used to be a day when the Michigan Ohio State game was the best rivalry in College football.

Those days are long gone.

Used to be, it did not matter where either team entered this game, either team could pull off a victory. Underdog or favorite.

Enter the new millennium.

Since the calander change from the 20th to the 21st century, the rivalry has died.

It all started with the big spending ways of Tom Goss as the AD who was replaced by President Lee Bollinger because his grandiose ideas, and lack of oversight on making sure his money spent was, in fact, producing results.

He was replaced by Bill Martin who can really be the biggest culprit of the downfall.

Shortly after his hiring, Mary Sue Coleman became the new President and she made it very clear from the beginning of her appointment that Academics were going to be the priority of the University, not Sports. (Read: We are going to seek and spend money in every direction we can to improve academics but, sports are on notice that they must continue to add to the revenue stream or they will be eliminated as too costly and unnecessary.)

The Coach of the team at the turn of the millennium was Lloyd Carr. He was often criticized for not getting the most out of his players and only caring if he won the Big 10 with no sights on a National Championship. Many (including myself) called for his head as he was supposedly not focused enough on being the best team in the land, he only wanted to be the best in the Conference.

Well, we all know that the Conference championship usually came down to the Michigan Ohio State Game.

Since 2000, Michigan has only won 3 times. Two of them were under Carr.

He finally retired because he was in a no win situation. He was getting pressure from the top that his program was nothing more than a cartoon before the real show and the public was angered over the tradition that was being violated (especially loosing to a DII team during the regular season, not to mention his ass getting beat 5 out of 7 time by OSU).

The brainchild known as Bill Martin then hired Rich Rodriguez. The most telling part of Rodrigurz's tenure is, when asked at his presser after being hired on how he felt to be coaching in the biggest rivalry game in College football, his answer was.........It's just another game on the schedule. He went 15-22 with one bowl appearance.

Martin retired and enter Dave Brandon.

Brandon hired a Michigan Man. Brady Hoke.

Brandon also montized the system to the point that during his tenure, he raised the price of season tickets for students to the highest level in the Big 10 but offered Corporate deals that included buying a bottle of pop and receiving a free ticket to a game. (I am guessing because the product on the field was so bad, and expensive, he needed to get fannies in the seats to preserve the sell out record. People were not buying at the inflated prices and students were leaving early because the team was losing to inferior teams.)

Since 2000 Michigan has beaten OSU only 3 times (but I already said that and I think it bears repeating).

That is not a rivalry. That is an annual ass kicking

Don't expect things to get any better because the new President, hand picked by Mary Sue Coleman, knows nothing about Collegiate Athletics and likely will make sure the program does not compete with Academics.

I really have no problem with that as, Academics should be the main purpose of the institution but, having a good Athletic program contributes greatly to the institutions ability to attract top level funding, personnel, and students.

This years game will be another embarrassment to Michigan fans and alumni.

The tradition is broken, likely forever.

......and so has the greatest rivalry in College Football.
                Last edited by Malto Marko; November 25, 2014, 09:17 PM.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Since I started watching in 2004, OSU is 9-1 vs Michigan. That one Michigan win was against Luke Fickell as head coach of OSU.

So yea, it's nothing.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Maybe you should stop watching, Cody.
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Ya know, maybe the Wolverines should hire that guy in Arizona and just get out of his way. Sure seems like he knows how to build a team up from nothing into a conference contender.

Comment

• wonder if what RR is doing in Zona will make any decent candidate pass on U of Hubris.........
                        The only logical explanation is:
                        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I don't know but hopefully someone will tell Urban that the spread won't work in the Big Ten. He's missed the memo.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Bullshit non intentional grounding call (I say that because of the Kyle Orton grounding call that was made in the Buffalo @ Miami game a couple days ago).
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I've been saying that ever since UM fired him. It wasn't/isn't a popular sentiment.

That being said--------GO BLUE!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• and BOOM goes the dynamite......

see yah Hoke
                                The only logical explanation is:
                                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Working...
                                X